Niall's Last Days (4)

Ten minutes to the concert. Ten minutes to Niall's last concert. Everyone felt it, and none felt it more than Niall. Niall felt like death, his body was weak and failing. The toxins were taking over and soon his heart would stop. Just one more hour, he kept telling himself. I just have to hang on for one more hour.

Five minutes to the concert, and the scream of the fans could be heard backstage. All the boys were dressed smartly and their hair was perfect. They came together and hugged as they always did.
"How are you feeling Niall?" Louis whispered.
"Awful."
"We're with you. Just say if you need us," Harry whispered and Niall nodded.
"We won't be far away. Make this your best night ever Niall."
"Thanks boys," Niall said and the boys pulled Niall into the middle of the circle and kissed him. He giggled.
"Lets go boys," Louis said and they put their hands in the middle as they always did.
"Hello New Mexico!" Harry called as they ran out and the fans cheered. Niall belted out the songs and the boys let him take centre stage.

The fans were cheering his name and, despite the fact the dizziness meant that Niall could barely see the crowd, he loved every second of it.

~

As soon as he began singing Infinity he felt something change. Niall's heart slowed, his brain became muffled and he felt cold.

Liam began singing and Niall looked down, the dizziness began to overwhelm him and he felt very light headed. He stumbled and grabbed hold of the stage.
"Boys," He stuttered into his microphone as he closed his eyes. He was getting colder and he could feel his heart slowing. Louis and Harry immediately rushed over to Niall. Louis carefully lowered Niall onto the stage as Harry took the guitar off his chest.
"I've got you Niall. I'm here," Louis said as he got Niall onto the ground and three security guards climbed onto the stage to block Niall from view. Paul also got onto the stage before he put Harry's fluffy jumper underneath Niall's head.

Niall's body then jerked and he started shivering. Paul lay his waistcoat over Niall as Louis kept reassuring him.
"We've got you Niall. We're here," Louis said and Niall gasped.
"Breathe Niall, just breathe," Harry said and Niall relaxed. Louis and Harry were with him, and his family were nearby.
"Co, ld," Niall whispered slowly.
"We know, it's alright," Louis told him as he brushed his hand through Niall's hair.
"It's ok Niall. You're ok," Harry said as Paul had his fingers pressed against Niall's neck.
"His pulse is getting slower. He's not going to hold on much longer."
"I'm here. Is Niall?" Liam said as he arrived.
"He's still with us."
"Just," Paul said and Liam knelt down.
"Ni? It's Liam," Liam said as he took Niall's hand and tears came to his eyes. He could hear Niall's strained and weak breathing, and it broke his heart.
"I think he's past talking Liam."
"Ok. Is this it?"
"It is. Just keep talking to Niall, he's going to be gone soon."

"Niall," Greg said as he reached the stage and took hold of his brother's hand. He squeezed it as he saw Niall's bandmates helping to comfort him.
"He's trying to hold on," Paul said and Greg listened to Niall's wheezing breaths.
"Ni, hey," Greg said as he squeezed his brother's hand. "It's Greg. It's alright. You can let yourself go."
"No," Harry said and Greg felt Niall's finger curl slightly, so he kissed his hand.
"It's alright Niall, it's ok. You can go to sleep. You're struggling and I promise that everything will be ok. I love you so much."
"We'll be right here when you wake up Ni," Louis added and Greg smiled.
"Yeah. We'll be here."
"Let go bud, it's alright," Paul said and Niall stopped fighting. His breathing stopped and a few moments later, his heart followed.

~

Greg felt the moment that Niall passed away and he started to cry. His mum hugged him and he let go of Niall's hand.
"Paul?" Harry asked as his tears fell freely onto the stage and Louis put his ear beside Niall's mouth.
"He's going cold," Liam said as he squeezed Niall's hand.
"He's not breathing," Louis told them and Paul nodded.
"He's gone. Louis, can you get his body off the stage and Harry and Liam, you go with him."
"Yeah," Harry choked between his tears and Louis picked up Niall's body in his arms before walking off with the two lads. Paul got onto the stage and picked up a microphone.
"The concert is over. We will make sure that you are all escorted safely off the premises."

1D • Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें