Chapter 16

Net POV:

I woke up early in the morning, and as I opened my eyes, I saw James's face. His beauty was undeniable, and I gently caressed his hair.

"When will you open your heart to me? I'm serious about you, James. I admit I've made mistakes in the past, but that moment made me fall madly in love with you," I expressed in a soft tone.

Afterwards, I headed to the bathroom to take a bath. Once done, I dressed and sat beside James, who was still asleep. I couldn't resist leaning in to kiss his forehead. "I'll be back soon," I whispered.

Exiting the room, I instructed Nanny, "Please take care of James while I'm out. I have something to attend to this morning until afternoon. Let him know I'll be back before dinner," as I ate my breakfast.

"Don't worry about him," the elderly woman, the housekeeper, assured me.(She is the mayor doma in the house)

After finishing my meal, I got up and put on my coat. "Latte, let's go. Thomas, you stay here. If James needs anything, assist Nanny in looking after him. If he gets bored, give him a mansion tour. We need to leave now," I instructed, and Thomas nodded in acknowledgment.

"Boss, where are we going?" Latte inquired.

"To James's house," I replied.

With that, the car started, and we set off towards James's house.

__________

James POV:

It was nearly 10 in the morning when I woke up. Struggling to stand up due to the pain in my back, I realized Net was nowhere to be seen, prompting me to head to the bathroom.

As the cold water from the shower cascaded over my face, I found myself unable to control my emotions. The events of recent days flooded my mind—Tutor's confession of feelings, Yim's anger over the hidden truth, and the traumatic encounter with Net. Tears streamed down my face as I hugged myself, the water from the shower blending with my tears.

After a moment, I dried myself off and dressed, standing by the large glass window overlooking the beautiful garden where a bird fluttered in the trees. Despite the serene view, a sense of unhappiness lingered within me.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts, and as it opened, I was greeted by an elderly woman, perhaps in her sixties.

"Sorry for disturbing you, Mr. James, but Net asked me to wake you for breakfast or an early lunch. It's already 10:30 in the morning," she informed me.

With a heavy heart, I nodded and followed her to the dining area, where a lavish spread awaited me. I requested to have a meal, and as I ate,
"Come ,let's have a meal"

"Thank you Mr. James but we already made our meal "

The old lady and Lily, who stood beside her, declined the offer, having already eaten.

Following the meal, I sat on the balcony, contemplating my situation, when I heard a voice behind me.

"Mr. James, if you'd like to explore, let me guide you," Thomas suggested.

"Thomas, can I go home?" I implored.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but unless instructed by my boss, I cannot comply," he responded.

Feeling despondent and missing my phone, the old lady and Lily approached me with a smile.

"Sir, let's show you around. Come with me, let's explore the garden," Lily suggested.

Reluctantly, I followed them, finding solace in the refreshing breeze and the shade of a large tree in the garden. As we sat under the tree, the old lady initiated a conversation.