Chapter 9

.
James POV:

After class and finishing up all the tasks leading up to graduation, it was time to say goodbye. My classmates and I bid farewell as we left the department building. As we stepped outside, we noticed a tall man standing in front of his luxurious car. Nunew said goodbye to us and approached the tall man who was waiting for him. He got into the car, and they drove away.

As me, Nat, and Yim walked, we noticed that some other students were looking at me. One of them walked towards me while they giggled.

"James, your handsome boyfriend is waiting for you outside the campus," she said, and they continued walking.

"That's Tutor," Yim said.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Why? I think he was your boyfriend," Yim said.

"No, he is just a friend of mine," I replied. But they didn't know that he lied to Net that he introduced Tutor to Net as his boyfriend because I think he will stop annoying me if I said I have a boyfriend.

Yim smiled when I said that.

"You like him, Yim," I said.

"What?" he blushed.

"I just feel it. If you want to get to know him, let me know. I'll help you get closer to him," I continued.

I saw the shyness on Yim's face. We continued walking until we saw Yim's brother waiting outside the gate with his car.

"Yim, your brother is waiting for you. So, me and Nat are going. Bye," I said to him.

"Hey brother, what did you eat to come here and pick me up?" Yim asked his brother.

"I'm not here to pick you up. I'm here to pick up my boyfriend and have a date," Net said, pointing at me.

We were shocked by what he said. "Oh my James, my future brother-in-law. I'm happy for you. Now go with my idiot brother, and me and Nat are going home. Bye," Yim said, putting his arm around Nat's shoulder as they walked away.

I tried to go with them, but Net called me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he said.

"I'm going home," I said, but when I looked at Yim and Nat, they were already in Yim's car.

Net opened the door beside the driver's seat and said, "Get in."

"No, I won't," I said.

"You forgot what I said yesterday, didn't you? Or let me remind you again," he said.

I looked at him and reluctantly got into his car. He closed the door and sat in the driver's seat, closing the other door behind him. He fastened my seatbelt.

During the drive, I didn't talk to him until he said, "Let's go."

"Where?" I asked.

"Let's have a simple date here," he said.

As I gazed at the breathtaking view of the Chao Phraya River, I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe. This was a place I had always dreamed of coming to for a romantic date, but here I was, on a date with someone I didn't love. If it weren't for him saving my friend's life, I wouldn't have agreed to come with him.

The cruise ship glided smoothly along the river, offering a romantic and scenic experience. Net had rented the entire cruise for us. As we sat down for dinner, he offered me a seat and even held the chair for me. I thanked him, and he smiled, radiating happiness. I didn't want to ruin his joy, even though I wasn't entirely comfortable.