Chapter 6

James POV:

As I stepped into the hallowed halls of the university, the familiar hum of chatter and the scent of knowledge filled the air. I navigated my way towards my classroom, my heart pounding with the anticipation of what the day had in store for me.

There, at the back row of the room, sat Yim, Nunew, and Nat. Their faces were a picture of concentration, their eyes fixed on the blackboard as they scribbled notes. I made my way towards them, sliding into the seat next to Yim with a sigh of relief.

"Why are you late?" Yim asked, his brows furrowing in concern.

"Traffic," I said simply, shrugging my shoulders.

Just then, our professor walked in, a stack of papers in his hand. He began to discuss our thesis schedule, outlining the dates for the final defense. The room fell silent as we absorbed the information, the weight of the task ahead settling on our shoulders.

We were a team - Yim, Nunew, Nat, and I. We had to come up with a thesis title, something that would be the culmination of our years of study. Yim suggested we gather at his house for a study session, to brainstorm and prepare for our thesis defense.

A wave of nervousness washed over me at his words. Yim's brother would be there, a fact that filled me with a strange sense of dread. But before I could voice my concerns, Nunew and Nat agreed enthusiastically. The majority had spoken, and I was outnumbered.

So, with a heavy heart, I packed up my things and prepared for the study session at Yim's house. Little did I know, this would be the start of an unforgettable journey.

Yim POV:

I made the necessary arrangements and called my friends to let them know that I would be picking them up. First, I went to Nunew's house, then Nat's, and finally to James' condo. As we arrived at my house, I couldn't help but notice their surprise.

"You live here?" Nunew asked, his eyes widening in awe.

"Damn, you're so rich," Nat exclaimed, unable to hide his astonishment.

I chuckled at their reactions and explained, "Oh no, I'm not rich. My brother gifted me this house when I expressed my desire for independence."

James remained silent, simply taking a seat on the sofa. My helper promptly served us refreshing juice and cookies, adding a touch of hospitality to the atmosphere.

I led them to their respective rooms, and Nunew couldn't contain his excitement. "Wow, this is so luxurious! I could never afford a room like this."

"Yeah, your brother is incredibly wealthy. I'd love to meet him," Nat chimed in, his eyes gleaming with curiosity.

James, however, had a question. "So, you mentioned earlier that you live independently here. Does that mean your brother doesn't live here?"

"No, he has his own mansion. My helper and I reside here, and sometimes my bodyguards join us," I clarified.

"Bodyguards? You have them too? Where are they?" Nunew inquired.

"They are currently with my brother. I don't really want bodyguards, but my brother insists on sending them here occasionally. Fortunately, they don't follow me to school, as I find it quite uncomfortable," I explained.

Nat then asked, "So, you're the one who pays for them and your helpers?"

"No, my brother takes care of all the expenses, including the payment for my helper. He manages everything," I replied.

"Wow," Nat and Nunew exclaimed in unison.

"Alright, I'll leave you here for now. I'll call you when the food is ready," I said, making my way downstairs.