Chapter 17

James POV:

After taking a bath, I put on a bathrobe and sat on the side of the bed, feeling nervous about what Net wanted from me.

An hour passed, and I laid down, taking a nap. I woke up to the scent of Net and felt him gently snipping my neck and kissing me. When I turned to face him, he kissed my lips, and for some reason, I didn't resist. I knew there was no escape, and fighting would only leave me exhausted. I felt compelled to go along with it. His kisses were tender and sweet. He got up and poured us some wine, offering me a glass.

"Cheers," he said.

I looked at the glass for a few seconds, then took it. "Cheers," I replied, downing the entire glass of wine in one shot.

"Hey, take it easy," he cautioned, taking my glass from my hand.

"I want more," I said, a bit dizzy.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded, and he poured me another glass. After finishing that one, I placed it on the table. Feeling lightheaded, I lay down on the bed. After a moment, Net lay beside me.

We looked at each other, and without a word, I found myself kissing him back. The intensity grew, and as we kissed passionately, his hands explored my body. My left hand grabbed his neck, deepening our kiss.

We held onto each other, catching our breath.

"Is this what you wanted? To take advantage of me? You want my body? Fine, come on," I said, about to remove the robe from my body, but he stopped me.

He kissed my lips and said, "Enough, let's sleep."

I stared at him blankly, processing his words.

"Let's sleep then. Tomorrow, we will visit your parents," he added, hugging me tightly.

I listened to the sound of his sleeping breath and looked at his face.

"You are so handsome, but why are you sometimes so sarcastic to me? If you love me, treat me as I deserve, and I will love you back," I whispered, unsure if he could hear me.

I drifted off to sleep, cuddling up to him, not knowing what time it was when morning came.

When I woke up, I found myself hugging Net. I tried to gently stand up, but he grabbed my hands, causing me to fall back onto him.

"Let me go," I pleaded.

"Please, just a moment," he requested, hugging me tightly.

"Net, let's get ready. I miss my parents so much, and I know they're worried because I haven't been home for two days," I said, hoping to change the subject.

"Okay," he replied shortly, releasing me from his embrace.

"I'll take a bath first," I announced, taking a step towards the bathroom, but he interrupted.

"James, wait."

"Why?"

"Let's take a bath together."

"Jerk," I muttered, running towards the bathroom and quickly locking the door. I could hear him laughing from the other side.

"Don't be shy. You'll get used to it," he teased.

I rolled my eyes and started taking a bath. After finishing, I stepped out of the bathroom in my robe, but I didn't see Net in the bedroom. As I dressed, I sat at the table with a mirror and began freshening up.

I applied foundation to my face and a little bit of lipstick.

"You don't need to wear makeup. You're already pretty," I heard Net's voice, and I turned to look at him.