Chapter 8

James POV:

The next day, I went to the university to take care of some things. Yim said he had something to do and went ahead. As I walked with Nat and Nunew, along with our other classmates in medicine, we caught up on things.

We were almost at the campus gate when suddenly, two black vans with a Porsche in between them stopped outside the gate. Five men dressed in all black got out of each van and stood outside while one of them approached me.

"Mr. James, come with me. Mr. Net is waiting for you. He will take you for a ride to your place," said the bodyguard named Thomas.

"Sorry, Thomas, but please tell him that I'm going with my friend and not with him," I replied.

Thomas bowed his head in respect and went back to the Porsche in the middle of the vans. We continued walking, but then someone called my name. When I looked, I realized who it was.

"James, let's go," he said, walking towards us. My heart started beating faster.

"Sorry, but no," I said, turning away and continuing to walk. But then, he wrapped his arm around my waist and turned me towards him. We were face to face, and it felt like all eyes were on us. I tried to escape and remove his hand, but he wouldn't let go.

"Let your arms stay away around my waist,"I  insisted. "Look around, they keep looking at us."

"Let them look at us?" He  repeated, I'm feeling a mix of anger and embarrassment.

"One," I said, trying to stay calm despite the attention.

"Two," I continued, feeling even more self-conscious.

"Three," he said with a smile. "Okay, let's keep counting."

"Please, let me go. This is so embarrassing," I pleaded with him. Finally, he released me, and I took a deep breath.

"Come with me, I'll take you home," he offered.

"No, I can manage on my own," I replied, determined to assert my independence. I started walking away when suddenly, he lifted me up and carried me bridal-style. My classmates, Nat,Nunew and other students watched, and I couldn't help but feel extremely embarrassed.

"Put your arms around my neck," he instructed.

"No," I quickly responded, not wanting to give in.

"Fine, then I'll let you fall on the floor," he threatened. Reluctantly, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he continued walking.

I felt so embarrassed in that moment. Thomas opened the car door, and Net placed me inside. He closed the door, and the bodyguard got into the van. Net sat in the driver's seat, leaned over, and fastened my seatbelt. Then, he started driving.

While on the way, he said, "Starting today, I am the one who will take you for a ride back and forth on your way to school."

After hearing it, I looked at him and asked, "Why? You don't have to do this."

"Don't be so stubborn. Like I said, I am the only one who will take you everywhere," he replied.

"No, thank you."

"Why? Is it because of that Tutor? He is nothing compared to me. Don't go with him again, or else," he threatened.

"Wow, who are you to threaten me like that? And what's wrong if my boyfriend picks me up and gives me a ride? Tutor is nothing to you, like you said, because he is my boyfriend, and you're just an insect always bugging me," I lied.

"Insect? What a handsome insect I am, huh?" he sarcastically replied.

"Whatever, even if you're handsome, you're still an insect that keeps bugging and trying to destroy me," I said.