Chapter 66

It was the next day and I had to go to the Concrete house to go and speak to Josh since he be living there now because he's with Karrahbooo. Apparently, he's been saying my name in his sleep. Why the fuck is he saying my name in his sleep? This nigga and I broke up in the first year of college. What the fuck?

It's 5am in the morning, I didn't wanna go in the afternoon so that Duke would be questioning why I came home late? I don't wanna put that pressure on him so I told Karrah to tell Josh to meet me at my apartment, so I can go and talk to him there. He said bet so I put on my grey sweater and my sweats and then I put on some sliders and put my hair up in a ponytail and then slowly went down the stairs and went into my car and off I go.

I then get a text from Karrah, saying he arrived. I then pull up to my parking lot because I arrived a few mins after him. And then I see him going in. I then stay in the car for a bit so he could take his time tryna go up to my apartment. I then get out and go up and I see him standing by the door.

Josh: Hey.

"Hey"

I then put the keys in my door and opened the door. I then go and put my keys in my pocket because I'll be going back to the AMP house. Josh then walks over to my living room space and sits on my couch. This nigga thinks he's at home. Well not for long because he about to get told off.

I then go to my kitchen and pour me a glass of wine because this is about to be a long ass early morning. Josh was wearing a black hoodie with some black sweats and some sliders with his silk black durag on. I then stand in the kitchen pouring my wine and just waiting for him to say something.

Josh: So what brings me here, sexy?

"Stop it. I heard from Karrah, you be saying my name in your sleep and shit. You dreaming about me? Whilst you in a relationship with my best friend. Really?"

Josh: I can't stop thinking about you.

"Stop it Josh, you've gotta stop it. I didn't break up with you. You broke up with me. I was hurt nigga. Broken. Hoping that we'll get back together but I moved on after a year of not talking to you. Not even seeing you. I couldn't even stand your name at the time"

"Then you come up to me saying you wanna be friends and my dumbass agreed to that and now I don't wanna be your friend anymore because you do everything just to get into my pants"

Josh then stood up and stood in front of me making intense eye contact. I didn't fall for it because this nigga was a master manipulator. He knew how to manipulate me when we was a couple and he's so good at it but I told myself not to fall for it.

Josh then places his hand on my cheek and after I lay my cheek on his hand. Why the fuck am I doing that? Destinee, snap out of it.

Josh: Look me in my eyes and tell me you love me?

"No"

Josh: Look me in my eyes.

I then looked him in his eyes and said this.

"I love someone else and I will continue to live that person for the rest of my life. I can't love you. I won't love you. I can't look back at my past"

I then take his hands off my cheek and then I drank my wine in a fast motion.

Josh: You think Duke is better than me?

"Way better nigga, you manipulate me into doing stuff with you. I'm better than that. I know myself, I can't be with a man who is a master manipulator"

Josh: You think I'm a master manipulator?

"Yeah I think that of you and you always want want everything from me, I'm tired of that shit I really am"