Chapter 58

It's the next day. It's Dee funeral. I'm so nervous because me and Duke don't have a label on us and we're still trying to take it slow and we don't know what we are doing. I woke up in his arms and looked at him. He was still asleep, it looks like he doesn't even wanna go through this whole day. He can't do it anymore. And I understand how painful he may feel because he was very close with Dee.

"Morning, you"

Duke: Hey, how was your sleep?

"Not too bad, you left the heater on which was nice of you"

Duke then chuckled

Duke: I know how sensitive you are so I decided to leave it on for you.

"How you feeling bout today?"

Duke: The group just landed and they will come and meet me at the apartment so we can go to the church.

"You okay?"

Duke: Yeah I'm good. I'm okay, I'll try and hold back my tears but i'm good now that I have you by my side.

"Don't do that shit Duke, you really know how to make me chuckle. I'm just here to support you and to say my fair well to Dee and we all know how much he loved our relationship"

Duke: Right, he really routed for us

"Alright, let's start getting ready, Imma go to the shower first and you prepare breakfast because you know how long I take in the shower"

Duke: Bet.

I then tap his shirtless chest and get up and get in my slippers and put my robe on and walk out to the bathroom. I then get my skincare and my makeup out and my outfit and everything I'll be wearing today. And then I play Here We Go (Uh Oh) by Coco Jones. That song really defined where me and Duke was at the moment. And this song really got us thinking about shit. For real.

I then get in the shower and sing my heart away and then get out and then start to do my skincare. Meanwhile, Duke was standing near the door looking at me getting ready. I didn't even know he was standing there. He started to smile and I felt something being weird. I then looked to my side and noticed him.

"You scared the shit outta me"

Duke: Breakfast is done.

"I'll be out in a min, lemme do my skincare"

Duke: Got you.

I then change the song to Happy At Home by Ginuwine and start singing and doing my skincare. I then finish and come out and see Duke dancing in the kitchen whilst washing his plates. I was looking at him buss his moves and I chuckled.

"Not you hitting those moves so well though"

Duke: You know i'm the best dancer out of us two.

"You so funny"

I then made a sarcastic face and ate my breakfast next to him. I then started to sing the lyrics to the song and then I finished and purposely put my plate in the sink so he could wash it as well.

"Thank you sweetie"

Duke: Are you serious?

"I've gotta get ready before you go in, if you want me to be quick then let me be quick"

Duke: Alright.

I then go to the bathroom and do my makeup and my hair. I do a smokey eye and a low ponytail with curls in a wig and I wore my suit and my heels with my trench coat with my black glasses.

Duke: You look gorgeous!

"Thank you so much now get in there before we are late to the church and after we've gotta go the burial so we've gotta hurry up so mama Dennis don't be mad at the both of us"