Chapter 11

We then arrive at the jazz club. Me and Duke then come out of the limo and cameras start to flash and we looked amazing. Our skin was glistening not one bad picture was taken. We then walk inside and see some of our friends inside such as Duke's group of friends who arrived much earlier than us.

We walked up to them to give our greetings.

Drea (Dre) : If it ain't my boy Duke Dennis!! In the mf building with his gorgeous woman.

"Why thank you Drea! You look amazing too."

Drea: Well you know gotta do a little somethin sumthin!

Davo: Destinee, you look gorgeous!

"Thank you it's called being with Duke Dennis. That's what it is."

Davo: I know that's right!

Duke: Baby, come say hi to Darius.

I then go to Duke and gave Darius a hug.

Darius: Wow bro, you know how to spoil your woman.

Duke: She calls it the Duke Dennis glow.

"Thank you Darius, how's the wife Latesha and the kids?"

Darius: They are doing fine it'll be nice if you come back to South Carolina to come visit them because they truly do miss you.

"I'll let you know when i get a holiday from the nursery and i'll pull up. I already owe your parents a visit."

Darius: It's so amazing to see you again.

"I'm so glad."

Duke: Let's make our way to the table. To join the rest of the guys.

"Alright."

Duke gives me his hand and we walk hand in hand to our table. A performer called Toni Braxton came on stage and started to introduce us.

Toni: May we please give a clap for AMP one time!

Everyone started to clap. Me and Duke made our way to the table and we sat next to Fanum and Ammi. And I smiled at Ammi and clapped when Toni introduced the group.

Toni: I just wanted to say thank you to Davis for inviting me to do this introduction segment. Do you mind if I sing for y'all before we get to the jazz event?

Everyone started to cheer yes. And she started to sing a song called "Speaking in Tongues". I felt so good inside and started to sing along as the song was one of my favourites from her.

After the song, everyone started to clap. As I clap i'm looking at all the guests to see who's here. As soon as my eyes hit the door, I see Adreel and Josh walking hand to hand inside the jazz event with the hands intertwined and her other hand on her belly. I widen my eyes. And she then spots me looking at her and she waves with an envious smile with her. She definitely is going to be hanging my hands on her tonight. No i can't do that. I said tonight is a good night. I look at the front and Duke looks at me and says.

Duke: You okay baby?

"Yeah i'm good, i'll be okay."

Duke: Okay.

Toni then finishes the song and says "Thank you" and she walks off her stage. Then Davis walks up the stage and invites the boys on for the speech they have for each other. The crowd has their full attention on the boys as David said a word.

Davis : We'd like to thank everyone for coming, and we appreciate you all. I want to say i'm so happy for creating this group because without these guys, we wouldn't be where we are today. And I love you guys and I want to thank all the girls for holding us down. When we are going through ups and downs, we love you and we hope you stay with us for the rest of our lives.