37. ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴀɴ

SHIFA SALEEM

Keeping the flower bouquet at the side, i start my therapy session with scheduled clients.

I glance at the time, 8.30 P.M. Almost time for Shahid's session, last client of today. I feel something messing with my stomach, as if butterflies fluttering excitedly at the thought of seeing him.

Door opens and I'm pretty sure it's Shahid, but when i lift my head from my phone, my eyes land on the person i didn't expect.

It was....Mansoor. What the fuck is he doing here...? Door half opened, he enters and takes a seat infront of me.

"Good evening, smartass!" He grins, almost feeling like mocking me. I am annoyed at the thought of him being here, and not Shahid.

"Yes, Good evening Jackass!" I reply mustering up all of my courage to speak up to him. Oh god, I really fired back at him. I feel satisfied right now. I grin back at him leaning back on my chair.

He takes a seat, "Why are you here?" I direct the question at him. "Well, it's not like i came here to see you." He replies.

"Go ahead, Speak up then." I say almost controlling myself not to treat badly the person sitting infront of me. This is my work, and i have to be nice to my clients.

"I heard, you'r getting married soon. Why didn't you text me the invitation." He asks grinning. "It's not like i have to invite each and every dog i see out there in the streets. Isn't it?" I reply grinning back at him.

Since the door was only partially open, I could see a shadow outside the room. The person's half suit was visible to me. I noticed the broad shoulder which was his. It clicked to me right away, it's him, Shahid... He enters the room and he bring his right hand finger to his mouth making a 'shush'.

"You think, You are really something? Goddamn I already forgot you, Don't worry. you know, A female is forgotten through another female." He says mockingly.

"And a boy is forgotten through a Man!" I respond calmly. A complete silent fell on the room. His face turned red out of rage.

"So you are saying i am not a Man?" He questions. "Of course, isn't it obvious? You need a mirror to see yourself?" I scoff at him.

"Fucking-" Shahid interept him clearing his throat, "Ahem, careful! chose your word wisely infront of my woman." He says the last 2 words firmly.

His woman? Oh my freaking, why did his voice sound so fucking sexy. Asthagfirullah, Snap out of it Shiff!! But that comment made me feel butterflies flutter all over me.

His eyes land on mine the moment i look at him. I avoid his gaze immediately. Mansoor turns towards shahid and scoff's at him "Hha, so you are her boyfriend!"

"Let me correct you over there. It's her Future Husband!" Shahid says walking over and standing beside Mansoor.

Mansoor stands up, he gives me the raged glance to which i react annoyingly. He then face's Shahid to which i get up from the chair blocking them. "You better leave!" I say to Mansoor.

He then almost murmers looking at shahid.: You'll also eventually let her go, she is just a body without any feelings. She's worth letting go of."

Hearing this, makes my hand shiver, not able to punch his face makes me worst. I try to be patient after all these midst.

*Twack* The sound of smacking something snap me out. Shahid's hand over mansoor's face. Another punch landed after the first hit. I was too stunned to do anything. Mansoor shouts "What the fuck are you doing? Thought I'll let it slide?"