15. ꜱʜɪᴋ ꜱʜᴀᴋ ꜱʜᴏᴋ

SHAHID SAIF

I finished Isha prayer and then i had a few work undone.I dozed off a bit, glanced at the clock, 8 p.m. However, sleep was not entirely taking place. It's so difficult to fall asleep without the sleeping pills.

Suddenly, that story popped into me. I still remember name of the story, Haunting Adeline. I was so curious to read the story which made her smile like that.

Back then, i couldn't read the story because i was preoccupied with my responsibility as the next sole heir. Alhamdulillah, i am finally free as a bird.

I started looking for the book, but it was not available at this location. I went through many related articles to see how i could read it.  After much research, I finally got it.

I started reading the story which was in a pdf format. I reached the eight chapter and thats when i realized what shifa's reading preferences were. I wanted to stop reading, but still continued since sleep didn't want me.

When I reached chapter 16, I began to question myself whether i should continue reading this. "WHATT THE HELLL, WITH A GUN!!???" a gasp left me as i stopped reading, i....i.... had no idea...shifa was into these things....

But him doing that with the gun??? A GUN??? the scene is still vividly etched in my head. I try to distract myself by reading my work documents, but it's not at all helping.

I lay on the bed eventually the scenes still repeating, i was still in a shock about the book and especially about shifa's preferences. I fall asleep after a while.

SHIFA SALEEM

Nahimu explained everything about her hacking and how the other person texted her. She got a nice earful from tanu and especially from me.

Since tanu and nahimu assured me that everything would be fine when nahimu hacked it, but it wasn't in the end.

Geeta entered my office informed me of a few lists on the outstanding clients. "So, aside from work geeta, how many months?" I asked her, and she shyly replied  "4 months shifa."

"Aww, Masha Allah. I'm thinking of...well its settled. I'm hiring a new assistant until u return. You can take rest and dont overwork youself." I said and refusedat this offer.

"N-No Ma'am, i meant Shifa. I am happy to serve you and i will take rest when i reach about 7-8 months." Geeta replied still concerned about the work.

"I know how dedicated you are to your work. I know nobody can stop you. But please, geetu i am offering you a free vacation for 10 months or i can give it to 1 year if you prefer. You are the only person i got in this work." I stated.

"Nooo, Not 1 year. I will be even more sadder without seeing your face." She said making me look at her as we both chuckled at her words.

I know she might despise and like me at the same time since i overwork her because every clients wants their therapy session with me instead of my colleagues.

"Ok then you have two options. choose either of them. Either you take a break now and return to work after you give birth, and when u feel like joining. Or, as you mentioned, you're going on vacation when your about 7-8 months and will return to work after 1 year." I stated.

"U-hm, then i will gladly accept your offer Shifa" Geetu responded prompting me to ask her which one. She chuckled as she said the first option and hugged me, mentioning she is grateful for it.

I ask her if her husband has come to his sense after they had a heated argument about his ex after their wedding. His ex kinda made a fuss over their wedding and geetu was not completely fine afterward.

But thankfully, last year they both opened up to each other, Alhamdulillah. I'm glad everything is fine with her and of course the baby is on the way. I hope everything will be alright.

"So, you can start interviewing for a new assistant Geetu" i said as she hurried to carry on and assured me that i can count on her.

^_^

She returned with a long lists of a people who opted for being my assistant. I informed her to conduct an interview as she carried on her work.

Already magrib. I go to the washroom for the ablution (wudu) and praying in the prayer room. Returned to my office and noticed Nahimu there.

Nahima exclaimed "Assalamualaikum woman" as i ran towards her and inquired about tanu's whereabouts. "She will be here within 30 mins" Nahimu said as tanu still had work undone.

We chatted as i finished my work and tanu entered my office. We all pray Isha in the prayer room before heading to my house for today's hangout.

Placing few snacks on the table in my room. We watch a newly released horror film. All of us were clinging onto each other like scaredycats. The movie gets over and thats when we asked about nahimu's silly hacking thingy.

"Ennit, enthaayi? ellam ok ahno ippo?" (So what happened? Is everything okay now?) I asked Nahimu as tanu joined asking "Athenne athenthaayi?" (Yes, What happened?)

Nahimu responded "yes yes everything's alright now. One more thingggg! The guy told he will teach me about programming stuff"

We stare at each other puzzled and worried, as we state if he has any ulterior motives in teaching her. What if he interferes with her device and obtains all of her information?.

"Well it will be nice, don't ya think. Stalking, watching me, dark romancee.... AWWWW i am literally waiting" Nahima exclaimed as Tanu smacked her head informing her that this is not fictional world, but rather the real world.

"Shifu, don't you agree on that. Only booktok girls can understand that." She said snarling at tanu who appeared more annoyed by her stupid words.

"Well, i'm not going to tell you whether it is or it is not. It all depends on the person, you know. Like, if he's a psychopath kinda one that will be danger but if he is someone who is a human being then..."

"A BIG SHOT" we both say, laughing at each other. "OH Allah, i'm done with these idiots" tanisha sighed, as i and nahimu still chuckling over fictional stalker.

A knock on my door stating "Shifa... are you there?" I reply with yes and the person open the door with an attar in his hand.

It was shuhaib. He was all dressed up so i inquired him "Are you going somewhere?", "Nah, i am not .....well i came here to ask if you wanted this attar" He replied.

Attar? shuhaib offering me an attar? Shuhaib? He would immediately take his attar back if he found one in my room. Not to mention that i always sneak into his room when he isn't there, i would apply it and would take from his cupboard. It's not like him, But it's an attar. I can't turn it down.

"Oh YESSS. I am glad you are gifting it to me" I said teasing him because i already knew why he came up with this attar as an excuse, well tanisha was here. I could demonstrate every move of his.

"Who said it's a gift, i'm just offering it to you." He said making me scowl at him and agreeing on it. "You guys are not coming downstairs?" He asked question which didn't even make sense.

Whenever i bring my friends home, we chat with my parents first and only later i bring them to my room to have our girls time.

"Well it seems someone is curious to know everything" I said crossing an arm as he lowered his gaze. "Oh hey girls. How are you" He asked looking at nahima not daring to look at tanisha. Perhaps he is shy and don't want make it obvious.

They chitchat for a min and he leaves the room closing the door behind him. Mhmm, very very fishy. I only had my doubts on him liking tanisha but i wasn't so sure about that. But today i finally realized that my instincts were never wrong.