36. ɪꜱʜᴀɴ'ꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ

SHAHID SAIF

We brought Nahima to our house, her house. And we ended up talking for a long time, skipping our sleeps. By god's grace, i slept for one hour. She barged into my room as I was getting ready to head to my office.

"Assalamualikum bro, Sabah Al Khayr!" *Good Morning* Nahima greets me with a smile on her face, and i greet her back. "Oh, I wanted to drop by at Shifa's office before going to work, can you perhaps...drop me there?" She inquires fiddling her hand.

"Uhm, yeah sure. Get ready." I reply to which she exclaims thanking me. I believe my uncle mistreated her severely. If he had adopted her, he could have at least treated her fairly.

"Just you wait uncle, You're going to know what I'm capable of. I'm not the weak nephew you considered a year ago. I didn't mess with you until now thinking you didn't have anything up to your sleeves. But you betrayed us! Your gonna face your karma." I grit my teeth mumbling to myslef and, i heard a chuckle from the door to which i turned to face towards it.

"I'm In! I'm in with you." The person holding the door handle replies. My eyes land on my father. Father???? Oh Shit!

"A-Abu?" I greet him nervously. He enters my room, his face pale. "As you said, Even i didn't except him to be the one behind it. We all knew he was the one who kidnapped you and your sister. But i let it slide because of his mere excuse. Pity...Pity....that was all i felt for him. That is why i let him go. But...Now he gotta pay for what he has done." Abu says and he walk towards me.

"I'm In with you, Shahid. Make him realize what he's done!" He says, his face returning to normal, and a smile spread over his face as he looked at me with a hope.

"Sure Abu, I won't let you down!" I respond, and he pats my shoulder before leaving the room. I make my way downstairs and spot Nahima. "Come on!!! Let's eat. Ummi and I made this together." She says and i felt a chuckle escape from my lips as they were stunned staring at me.

"Did you just chuckle?" Abu says, and i give him a hurt look. "Well well, it has been soo long that i saw you chuckling." He says as i take my seat to eat breakfast.

"But i guess this is the second time though, I saw him laughing all to himself while meeting Shifa with her fam." Ammi says teasing me. "I had missed it!!! Dang it." Nahima says, and i try to digest my meal while they keep teasing me.

Alhamdulillah, i haven't felt this comfortable around my family in a long time because of the guilt which i carried for over the years. Alhamdulillah for everything.

Unlocking my car, i get inside. The fragrance of flower hits me. I'm glad that Ishan did me a favor today by purchasing the flowers I selected and setting them on my backseat. I also gave him my spare car key. Thank God, he prepared it since i was busy today.

Oh Shit!! Nahima!! She'll be here in no time. I searched for any piece of clothes to cover the flower bouquet and i finally found one. There was a shawl which was left behind by Ammi. I quickly cover the flower with the shawl when i see Nahima making her way to my car.

She exclaims as she gets into the car. "Oh my godd!!!! Am i really sitting in the Dodge.Challenger?? Fucking so gooddd!!! And it even smells so good inside, Nice fragrance."She exclaims and asks immediately. "Do you perhaps have any sport's bike?."

"Nah, i don't." I reply and she returns to admiring the car while i was driving. "What's that?" She inquires looking at the backseat. "Oh that... It's Ishan's." I reply knowing she would completely ignore it since it's her enemies name i pronounced. Thank God, after hearing his name, she didn't even give it another glance.