Chapter 85: Home Country

Start from the beginning

He didn't get me, and it made me really couldn't sit still. "No. It's not because Jihoon isn't here, honey. It's not like that," I said, trying to beg him to differ, but he seemed not to care and pulled the blanket for me.

I started sobbing. I couldn't really sleep with my heart beating like this. It won't calm down until I get the answer that I want from him.

He still sat, watching me.

"Honey, it's not because Jihoon isn't here.".

"Sleep, babe. I'm going to watch you until you sleep."

I bit my lips. Can he understand that I can't sleep like this?

"I can't sleep if you don't answer me," I said, looking up at him. "Do you feel me?"

"I do," said him.

My eyes widened, and I stopped tearing right away. I didn't expect him to answer me, even though I was pushing him to.

"What do you feel now? Answer me, honey," I said, looking at him seriously.

"Stop crying. I don't want to see you crying," he said. There was no emotion in his voice, but I understood him. It's not his usual way to say what he feels about a person's feelings. He did well.

I quickly sniffed and wiped away my tears. "Okay, I won't cry. I won't cry anymore." Then I looked at him again. "But why? Why don't you want to see me crying?" I tried to find his emotions. He must have it inside. I believe he just wasn't good at expressing himself.

"It.."

I watch him nervously. I really put a lot of hope in him.

"It annoyed me."

My eyes flickered, and my lips parted. I couldn't feel my facial muscles either.

My cry just annoyed him.

My lips trembled, and I was about to burst into tears again.

Suddenly, I heard him chuckling. My tears dried at the chill, and I looked up at him.

He looked at me back, and he tilted his head. "I'm joking"

"W-what?" I frown. I felt a perpetual hotness in my chest, angry, but at the same time, it's better that he was joking.

I shifted my eyes away from him, and I pursed my lips out.

I could be crazy at this moment.

He leaned forward and held my cheek. "You shouldn't cry, babe. Do not overthink either. I wouldn't be doing what I'd done to you before."

My eyes quickly shifted back to him. I saw a shine in his eyes. It was an emotion. He looked so affectionate, too.

"I understand what you felt over the past few years. I can feel you, babe. That's why I told you I tried to be kind. But when it's not me, it's tiring. And if you let me be, I like rough. And if you let me speak, my humor is dark."

My eyes were still on him. Now, I understand why he's quiet. He was tired, but he didn't want to lose his control.

"Babe, I thought I was insane when you weren't with me. But the truth is, I was never sane since the beginning," said him.

I just stared at him. It's true. He's never been sane since the beginning. Did he just know it?

I already knew it a long time ago.

"How rough do you like?" asked me.

I saw his corner lips lift; he looked entertained.

He leaned forward more. I pulled my face away from him because he looked so dangerous.