Chapter 79: Forgiveness

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, quickly come in. It's cold outside," she said, putting her arm around my back. She escorted me inside.

"How's the checkup, dear?" asked her.

"It's really three weeks pregnant, mom." And the doctor said I'm healthy, too. The baby is very tiny now. I have to wait for a couple months more to get the baby scanned again," she said.

"Thank God. Go rest now, dear; don't overwork yourself."

I nodded with a smile.

"Mom, rice cakes," said Taehyung, showing the plastic bag of food to Jieun.

"Put them on the plate and let y/n have them too," said Jieun.

"Mom.."

I heard Jihoon's voice and turned my head toward him.

"Jihoon-ah. Come here," and I opened my arms to him.

He looked hesitant, so I went to him.

As he saw me approaching him, he came and hugged my leg. Then he looked up at me. "Where did mom and dad go?" asked him with pouty lips.

I just realized that he was sulking because we left him here.

I held his arm, then intertwined it with his fingers. "Let's go; let's talk inside," I said, and I walked into the room.

I let go of his hand and sat on the bed. He was standing in front of me.

I grabbed his shoulders and looked into his eyes. "We went to meet the doctor."

"Oh? Mom, sick?" he asked in worried and tried to reach my forehead to check my temperature.

I shook my head and pulled my hands away from his shoulders. "Wait," she said, and I fumbled for the ultrasound scan photograph in my bag.

I picked it up and gave it to him. "See Jihoon-ah"

Jihoon looked up at me. I could see he was confused. "Take it," I said, holding out to him.

He took it and studied that piece. "What is this about, mom?"

I jerked my head and pointed out. "This is my belly."

"Um?"

"Your sibling is inside here."

His eyes widened with excitement, and a small gasp escaped his lips.

He quickly hugged me; his head was against my belly. He closed his eyes. "Mom, I'm so happy!"

"I know," I said, patting his head.

He opened his eyes and saw that his head was against my belly. Realizing that, he quickly lifted his head off me and straightened his standing position.

He looked at the photo in his hand and then at my belly. "So, the baby is inside here?" he asked, carefully placing his hand on my belly.

His small, gentle hand caressed my belly.

"Yes"

"Hmm," he said, looking back at the photo.

"Mom, where is the baby?" he asked, showing me the photo.

"Here," I said, pointing to the middle of my sag in the photo. "You can't see it yet because it's so tiny." The doctor said the baby is so tiny. It is only three weeks. You have to wait a couple months more," I explained to him.

"Ohh.. The baby is going to grow big, right, mom?" he asked, grinning with giggles.

"Yes dear"

He touched my belly again. "Hi baby, please grow up quickly. Your brother can't wait to see you soon!" he giggled.