44

“No. There isn’t!”

“Really?”

I didn’t want anyone to be killed because of me. I asked Kiris about the Amoni Garden to divert his attention.

How long had we been looking around?

“Kiris?”

When there was no reply at one point, I glanced at Kiris.

I had been acting too excited since earlier. Kiris was staring at me without saying anything, and I felt awkward for some reason.

‘Did I talk too much?’

Since it was my first time visiting the garden, I had a lot of questions about this and that.
At that moment, Kiris’s eyes curved beautifully.

“Do you like flowers?”

“Yes. I do. Since I was little.”

I smiled shyly and smelled the freesia’s fragrance.
“Really?”

“Kiris… you don’t like flowers that much? You were the one who wanted to come here.”

“Ah…”

At my words, Kiris looked at the flowers with his eyes full of curiosity.

“I like everything my mistress likes.”

“Huh?”

“If my mistress wishes, I can move the entire Amoni Garden to the mansion.”

“…?”

I doubted my ears. It would cost a fortune just for the maintenance, and he was saying he would move it?

Was this the flex of a top-class mage?

He was talking about doing something so outrageous as if he were choosing a lunch menu.

How should I respond to this!

My pupils naturally shook. As I was contemplating my answer….

“But I don’t want to do that.”

A picturesque smile bloomed on Kiris’s sensual expression. He clasped my hand that was holding the freesia. For some reason, I felt a burning heat and tried to pull my hand away, but I couldn’t move an inch under Kiris’s dark gaze.

Thud, the freesia flower fell to the ground.

Oh no, this is dangerous! I blankly stared at Kiris’s lips approaching me.

“Mistress.”

Kiris, who stopped about a fist’s distance away, smiled in a way that would torment thousands of hearts. He slowly brushed my hair behind my ear.

“When you have me, why would you look at the flowers?”

* * *

“…Huh?”

I let out a gasp without realizing it, and my eyes shook. Kiris was quietly staring at me, and I felt like he was getting closer in a strange way.

My heart was troubled by the fact that Kiris still felt indebted to me.

Why… did his usual tone of voice feel so unfamiliar? It was as if he was suppressing something he yearned for.

I was captivated by his enchanting smile and blankly stared at him before suddenly coming to my senses.

‘What a useless thoughts!’

It was all because of this pretty boy. Whenever Kiris suddenly got this close, I couldn’t come to my senses. It would be the same for anyone if someone with an unrealistically beautiful appearance was talking to them up close.

I hurriedly took a step back and laughed awkwardly

“L-let’s go for now?”

Kiris raised an eyebrow at my words and soon nodded.

Like that, I left the Amoni Garden and headed outside with Kiris. Then, I almost bumped into the back of a man standing in front of me.

I was still in shock from earlier, so I guess my steps were wobbly.

“Be careful.”

Kiris gently wrapped his arms around me.

“…Thank you.”

Pull yourself together, Rosette! Fortunately, Kiris let me go from his arms right away.

I looked around with my vision clearly restored, and many people were talking while glancing at someone.

“Look!”
“Is that really him?”

“That’s right! I heard he was making his rounds in the capital today!”

I followed their gazes at the murmuring voices.

At the end of their gazes, there were figures that looked like attendants guarding the surroundings. At first glance, it seemed like they were escorting a high-ranking aristocrat.

‘Could it be His Highness the Crown Prince?’

I glanced at Kiris with the thought that I could see a celebrity right before my eyes.

“Who is that? They look like a high-ranking aristocrat.”

However, Kiris spoke in a low voice.

“…Let’s just go. Mistress.”

“Why?”

I tilted my head when Kiris grabbed my hand with a reluctant expression.

“Can’t I just look at who it is?”

“He’s nothing special.”

“Still…”

At that moment, someone in the crowd revealed their appearance.

A man with flashy clothes stared exactly at us. The raised chin and the intimidating gaze were intense.

“…Crown Prince.”

Kiris spat out.

“Your, Your Highness the Crown Prince?”

The Crown Prince! Cedric de Setronia.

A character that appears in the latter half of the original novel.
He didn’t have much presence in the beginning, but his presence grew as the serialization progressed.

‘He raised an army to stop the villain…’

He sent the Imperial Knights to stop Kiris, who had made a contract with the devil.

After that, it was not known whether he eventually stopped Kiris or saved the empire. It seemed like the ending of the novel was similar, but the villain would be ruined and it would end with a happy ending.

‘I saw the Crown Prince Cedric in person!’

Dark blonde hair and blue eyes. The sharp gaze did not feel arrogant, unlike the description in the book. Combined with his slightly sharp eyes, he seemed like someone who had authority.

At that moment, Cedric, who made eye contact with me, smiled with his eyes.

‘Gasp! That’s the breathtaking smile of the protagonist!’

I felt like I was going to lose consciousness, so I hurriedly turned my gaze away.

Like Kiris, it seemed like people who threatened my life kept appearing.

While I was shaking with all sorts of things in mind, Cedric approached me, leading his entourage.