32

Mayday! Mayday!

I felt red lights light up in my mind.

I never thought he would come find me! I was sure they wouldn’t come looking for me when I didn’t even give them my address.

‘Ugh, my life!’ I sighed and grabbed the end of Sion’s robe.

“Sion, get undressed,” I said firmly, pulling off Sion’s robe and wrapping it around my body.

Sion’s ears turned red as he bit his lips and hesitantly opened his mouth.

“Do you want me to… get undressed?”

I thought to myself, ‘What the hell is he talking about?’ but I didn’t have time to explain and just turned my head sideways. I felt my heart beat faster.

‘If this is really a dream…’ I sighed and covered my face with the robe.

The robe was dragged on the floor and covered my face, but there was nothing I could do. It was better to be embarrassed than to be caught. At that moment, Lionel, who was looking around, turned his head, and our gazes met in the air.

“Rose?”

Oh no. But luckily, with the robe covering my body, Lionel didn’t seem too sure.

This was my chance! I took advantage of the moment and whispered into Sion’s ear while wrapping my arm around his neck.

“Don’t ever call me by my name. From now on, we’re just passing lovers.”

Then, I leaned my forehead against his. His rosy lips, which seemed like they could touch mine any second, stopped a finger’s distance away.

Sion stared at me, forgetting to even breathe. In that moment, I heard Lionel’s voice, which I didn’t want to hear.

“Rose? It’s Rose, right? Don’t I recognize you?”

He now had a look that made him certain I was Rosette. Lionel, who had approached us without our realizing it, lunged towards Sion with a disgusted expression.

“What are you doing now?”

As he reached for my shoulder, Sion’s cold voice echoed in my ear.

“What are you doing to my lover?”

‘Lover…’

I had suggested we act as lovers, but when the embarrassing word came out of Sion’s mouth, it seemed like his face was heating up.

My heart was racing, and it was hard to breathe. But I couldn’t show it!

I was sure Sion was also putting on an act to support me.

My heart was pounding in my ear, but I tried to ignore it.

‘Calm down, Rosette!’

Luckily, Sion’s words seemed to have an effect as Lionel retracted his hand that was reaching for me.

“Rosette Cernia! It’s you, right…?”

I silently cheered for Sion’s acting as his voice became strangely quiet. Well done, Sion! Just a little more!

I could feel a silent scream coming from my mouth as Sion said, “Get lost. Rosette isn’t here.”

Sion grabbed my shoulder and pulled me close, pressing my body against his sturdy chest.

Wait, wait a moment!

I trembled as Sion’s voice suddenly got louder. Oh no. I could feel in many ways that this was not going well.

Lionel hated being ignored and had a strong sense of pride. And now his ego was being trampled on.

Sure enough, Lionel, who had been watching our acting, started to look angry. He was shaking so much that you could feel it from far away.

“How dare you!”

Lionel came closer, raising his hand. It was at that moment that I unconsciously moved my body, and with a cracking sound, Sion grabbed Lionel’s arm.

Lionel was using all his strength, but Sion didn’t even flinch. I called out to Sion, sensing that the situation was getting worse.

“Sion.”

At my words, he let go of Lionel’s arm.

Lionel lost his balance and fell to the ground without being able to regain his footing.

“Ow!”

I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry at the strange situation. It was satisfying to see Lionel, who had always been above me, fall down like that. But instinctively, my heart was beating irregularly.

“What kind of crazy…!”

Lionel cursed and stood up.

“To dare touch a nobleman! I could take this as a challenge to the nobility!”

His suppressed voice flowed out like a hiss. In the end, I grabbed Sion’s arm, which was tightly holding me.

If things kept going like this, I didn’t know what would happen. If Sion’s unclear identity was revealed, things would get out of hand.

“Sion, I’ll handle this.”

“But mistress…..”

Sion seemed reluctant, but eventually nodded at my desperate gaze. As I stepped out of Sion’s embrace and stood in front of Lionel, his blue eyes lit up.

“You, you are Rosette? How dare you try to deceive me!”

“….”

“Well, John was right; you ran away with a man and started a new life.”

He gave a twisted smile. So Lionel sent a servant to find me.

He had witnessed me and Sion together.

I swallowed dryly and raised my hand to cover my face with the robe.