10

Regardless of whether he was a servant or not, there was little distinction between being a servant or a helper; both involved miscellaneous tasks for the household. Moreover, when he looked at me with those captivating looks, I couldn’t refuse him.

To be honest, it was advantageous for me. With Sion around, cleaning, laundry, and other difficult tasks that were hard to manage alone would be taken care of.

So, without further hesitation, I nodded in agreement, saying, “Alright. But remember, don’t tell anyone else about this, and be careful with how you address me when we’re outside.”

Sion smiled brightly and graciously lowered his gaze. “Yes, I will do as you say, Master.”

“Yes, and… don’t worry about the cost of the clothes or the medicine for now; your Master will handle it.”

I used the term ‘Master’ to accommodate Sion’s situation. It would be easier for him to comprehend.

“There’s also a time frame. You can serve me until you find a place to live independently.”

“I will remember that, Master.”

Sion nodded, indicating he was fine with it. And just like that, I became his master.

* * *

I and Sion ventured into the city. Sion mentioned that the food supplies were running low, so we decided to check out the market and also visit the security office.

As soon as we entered the city, people’s attention seemed to be drawn to us, compelling me to buy a large robe for Sion.

‘He definitely doesn’t look like an extra.’

That thought crossed my mind, and I occasionally doubted why such a gorgeous character like Sion wasn’t mentioned in the original story.

‘Who could he be, exactly?’

I was curious about the life Sion had lived before losing his memory. He must have had an extraordinary life. Still, I refrained from asking about the incident that caused him to lose his memory; I’d eventually find out sooner or later.

“Sion, have you put on the robe?”

“Yes, sister.”

I shivered at the seductiveness of his voice upon calling me ‘sister’. It was just because I asked him to be careful with how he addressed me in public, but with that alluring tone, what could I do?

“Sigh…”

Taking a moment to compose myself, I averted my gaze, and Sion quickly caught up to me.

“Is there something wrong?”

“…No, just wait for a moment. I’ll go get the money.”

“Okay, I’ll wait.”

I replied in a quavering voice as I tried to hide my trembling hands. I quickly went to Celia. She expressed concern since I came later than usual.

‘I’m sorry, auntie!’

I apologized to her in my mind while receiving my compensation and leaving the shop. The amount was higher than usual, and I found myself grinning uncontrollably. With money, anything seemed possible. I felt like I could achieve anything with it.

“Sister, are you back?”

When we agreed to meet, Sion greeted me with a smile. I grabbed his hand and led him away.

“Yes. Now, let’s head to the guards.”

For now, we have to go to the guards first. As we approached, we overheard a conversation between the guards nearby.

“You know the outskirts of the capital, right? The Hilton district?”

“Oh, yeah. I heard there was a murder case there. It’s causing quite a stir among the higher-ups.”

“Well…the nation’s founding day ceremony is approaching, so it would have been better if such an incident hadn’t occurred.”

“Hah…now we have even more work due to the serial killer.”

Their conversation made me uneasy. The Hilton district was where I lived, and the murder case they mentioned happened somewhere near the hill behind my house. They must be talking about the commotion that happened back then.

“Excuse me.”

“What can I assist you with?”

The guard turned his head and smiled as he asked. I looked back at Sion, who had approached me from behind.

“Is it true that there were a series of murders in the Hilton district…?”

“Yes, that’s right. We found four bodies on the hillside. There were also reports of loud noises.”

“…Really?”

The hillside…it was just behind our house. The guard must be referring to the incident that happened then.

“We checked, and there were traces of magic. So we’re increasing the patrols starting today.”

“But don’t worry, we’ll apprehend the serial killer for sure.”

The guard reassured me as he looked at me with concern. At that moment, Sion came up behind me.

“Sister?”

I trembled and instinctively clutched my shoulders. Hearing that conversation made me anxious.

“N-nothing, let’s go. We have to head back to the house. There’s something I need to check.”

I led Sion away, trying to compose myself. His red eyes looked even darker than usual.