36

“So… when you went missing. Can you tell me what exactly happened?”

They still remembered that day.

When the Magic Tower, protected by the most powerful defensive magic, was covered in a strange black magic.

And Kiris had disappeared along with that magic for the sake of the Magic Tower.

“I don’t know.”

Kiris looked around silently and flicked his finger with a loud sound.

“Ki-“

He teleported straight to his office. It was at the very top of the tower, and it was designed so that no one could enter without permission.

“Damn it.”

Kiris cursed as he muttered and then quickly set fire to the roses Louis left behind. The roses were consumed instantly. Frowning, he tightly pressed his temples.

‘There was definitely no energy felt.’

He reached for it, unsuspecting, because he needed material for his magical research.

The black energy embedded in the etude instantly entered his body, and his power exploded.

As a result, Kiris lost his memory and was captured by an illegal slave trader after instinctively using teleportation.

Eventually, he managed to escape, but he was injured and on the verge of death. If someone hadn’t treated him, he thought he would have died.

‘My mistress saved me.’

But when despair had engulfed him, someone reached out with a rescuing hand.

‘Mistress.’

Rosette was his savior, and he devoted himself to serving her for a lifetime.

“Wait for me.”

He couldn’t let her go. His heart was in chaos.

Kiris’ red eyes glowed brightly.

* * *

Everything returned to its rightful place. There was no one left to search for me, and I handled most things on my own.

I enjoyed life leisurely, working, buying delicious food, and practicing dancing without having to worry about anyone’s gaze. It had been a year since everything changed after Sion left.

‘Let’s think of it as passing fate.’

Sometimes I felt a sense of emptiness after Sion left, but as time went on, that feeling waned.

Of course, when I hastily grabbed bread and soup for meals, I often thought of the delicious food Sion used to make.

Many things changed after Sion left, and the biggest change was hiring Mary as a maid.

“Miss, should I clean the second-floor room today?”

“Yes, would you do that?”

Mary regularly took care of my house. I couldn’t afford to hire her as a full-time maid due to a lack of money, but it was a wise decision.

After living alone for a month, I realized that managing such a large space was too much for me.

“I understand, Miss.”

The day had come when I personally hired a maid in my life! At first, I felt burdened when Mary called me “Miss” so casually.

When I was still in Cernia as a noble, I had a full-time maid, but this felt a little different. Mary didn’t ignore me and really treated me as her young lady.

“Just a moment, Mary.”

“Miss, what’s the matter?”

Mary turned her head and widened her eyes. I stopped sewing and spoke.

“Take a break. You’ve been working since earlier.”

“Oh, Miss! You have such a kind heart.”

Mary exclaimed with delight and went to the kitchen. She soon brought me a cup of tea and handed it to me, and I took it familiarly.

“You should take breaks too, Miss. You haven’t rested since earlier.”

“Is that so?” I nodded my head and took a sip of my tea. I felt a small sense of happiness, enjoying tea time with Mary rather than being alone.

It was something that only happened when Mary came to my house.

As I engaged in a casual conversation with Mary, I unfolded the newspaper that came out today.

Then my eyes caught a headline that adorned the front page. ‘The Mysterious Tower Lord Returns.’

“The Tower Lord…?” I muttered and continued reading the article. It was about the Tower Lord, who had been missing for the past few months, making a comeback.

The mage had directly revealed the information to the news, so they claimed.

‘He’s the final villain, right?’

The Tower Lord was the final villain in the original novel. His return meant that the original story was about to begin. I sat there with a serious expression, and Mary spoke up.

“Miss, they say that mages have been appearing a lot in the capital these days.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes! That’s why I’m a bit late coming back. It seems like there’s been a lot going on in the capital ever since he’s returned!”

I folded the newspaper in half, feeling overwhelmed, and nodded my head. Mary continued talking.

“And they say the mage robes look really fascinating. They say they have patterns that shimmer like stars… or something like that.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Really?”

“I happened to see it once.”

I know some mages, but I didn’t go into detail about them. After Sion left, there had been no news from Louis and Helena, so it was difficult to say anything.

I regained my composure while sipping my tea.