42

I had seen Louis use it before, but it was still fascinating.

‘Wow, with magic, there’s no need to walk, right?’ I came to a remarkable conclusion and covered my mouth.

“Kiing!”

At that moment, Snow looked at me with concern. It had been sticking to my leg, guarding against Kiris, since earlier.

“Snow, do you still dislike him?”

“Kiing!”

Snow tapped the floor with its small paw as if trying to convey something, but I couldn’t understand a thing.

I gently petted its fur and spoke softly.

“Even if you don’t like it, I hope you can stay still when you see him.”

I was in a dangerous situation now. The villain wanted to make me his mistress, and he had been treating me as well as before!

‘If Snow keeps behaving badly, I don’t know what he might do out of annoyance.’

Although he didn’t seem like he would kill me right away, it was important not to provoke him.

“Kiing.”

In response to my words, Snow whimpered pitifully and stared into empty space.

“Huh?”

When I looked at it in confusion, Snow bumped its head against my leg and disappeared somewhere.

“Mistress, I’m here.”

Suddenly, Kiris appeared before me. Seeing Snow climbing the stairs, I let out a relieved sigh.

I was worried that he would disappear like it did in the temple. I let out a sigh of relief and said, “Kiris, was that magic just now?”

Kyris nodded as he brushed off his robe.

“Yes. Would you like to try, Mistress?”

“…No.”

I don’t know where he will send me! After teleporting, I might find myself at the top of a tower or something like that. Maybe a hidden basement.

“But where did you take Louis?”

“I sent him to the tower to study magic.”

Kiris glanced briefly at Helena with a cold stare, causing her to flinch.

After that, Helena bid me farewell.

“I’ll be going now too, Rosette. I think I need to help Louis with his work. We’ll have tea next time.”

Before I could say anything, Helena disappeared from her spot using teleportation.

“Well, it’s quiet now,” Kiris murmured lazily. I widened my eyes at his behavior.

‘H-Hey! Isn’t that what we call bullying?’

In my mind, I wished Louis and Helena good luck. Honestly, there was no choice but to follow Kiris, a person with such a dark presence.

‘Or else I’ll die,’ a sinister thought crossed my mind, and I shivered, prompting Kiris to gently squeeze my hand.

“What are you thinking?”

“Oh, it’s nothing! Just random things,” I replied hesitantly.

“Is it because of that guy earlier?”

“Huh?”

As I hesitated, Kiris stared at me silently. Then he gently grabbed my arm.

“You only need to care about me.”

“…What?”

“I’m yours, so you only need to think about me.”

His persistent gaze focused solely on me, and his hand caressed my cheek gently, causing me to tremble.

W-What?

Instinctively, my face flushed, and alarm bells started ringing in my head.

‘Mayday! Mayday!’

The face that posed a threat to my heart was right in front of me, making it difficult to breathe. It had happened before, but why did Kiris keep approaching me like this?

No, Kiris probably didn’t have such intentions, and I might have been mistaken.

Even when he was standing still, Kiris emitted an aura of danger.

“Hey, constantly saying things like that is harmful to my heart.”

“Am I harmful?” Kiris widened his eyes in shock. That expression made his face radiant, and I almost nodded my head in response.

“Oh no. I mean, it’s just words. Can you give me some space?” Mumbling quietly, I gently pushed Kiris away to create some distance. Kiris obediently moved back, but continued to gaze at me.

“You know, I’ve regained my memories and thought about things I wanted to do with you for a year.”

“Things you wanted to do?”

“Yes. Luckily, as the Tower Lord, I can do many things.”

Kiris smiled brightly.

“From now on, I want to do things together, one by one. What do you think, Mistress?”

His vivid red eyes stared at me. Just the gaze alone created an oppressive atmosphere that seemed to constrict my breath.

However, it was oddly endearing to me. My heart reflexively raced at his seductive appearance.

“What do you want to do?”

My voice trembled at the end. Seemingly amused by my reaction, the corner of Kiris’s mouth rose.

“Whatever you want, Mistress.”

Whispering enticingly, Kiris made me tremble slightly and rise from my seat.

“Wait!”

To hide my reddened cheeks, I coughed awkwardly.

“Since you’re back after being away for a year, let’s do what you want.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

As I nodded, Kiris smiled brightly and took my hand.

“Do you know what I’m going to do?”

“Huh?”

“Can you handle it?”

Our fingers intertwined, forming a tight knot. I flinched from the touch. My body felt strange, and my heart pounded.

“Mistress.”

Kiris’ parted lips were just an inch away. This is cheating! His beauty captivated my gaze as I was helplessly fixed on his smooth lips.

Thump, thump.

Is my heart going to explode like this? When I was seriously contemplating the situation, Kiris’ breath grew distant.

I held my breath and exhaled, trembling, as I asked with a shaky voice, “Huh?”

“Actually, there’s a place I want to go.”

“Where?”

“Close your eyes.”

With a pleasant laughter that sounded like wind chimes, Kiris embraced me. I stiffened as I felt the pounding of his solid chest.

And instinctively, I closed my eyes.