5

After a day had passed, the man hadn’t opened his eyes yet. Fortunately, thanks to the effectiveness of the magic ointment, his complexion gradually returned and his breathing stabilized.

‘The Magic Tower did a good job,’ I silently expressed gratitude towards the tower.

Thanks to that ointment, I saved a person’s life. The ointment was worth a small diamond, but I still had plenty of gems left, so it didn’t concern me much.

Besides, I was still working and earning money, albeit modestly. Every now and then, I’d enter the living room under the pretense of checking if the man had fallen off the sofa or if his condition was worsening.

In truth, it was just an excuse to satisfy my own curiosity.

“This is fine…”

As I mended a piece of fabric, I glanced at his face as a reward. It seemed that my efficiency and concentration improved after such glimpses. At first, it felt awkward, but after a few times, it became normal.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t even charge for the ointment…’

I briefly considered becoming a pushover but quickly shook my head. As someone who believed that money was paramount, there was no reason for me to suffer losses.

Rationalizing my actions, I diligently moved my hands to mend the fabric.

Hours passed like that.

“Finally…!”

Finishing my work, I let out a triumphant shout. I rejoiced to the point where I wanted to tap dance, but then I paused as I looked at the man’s shining silver hair. Come to think of it, I wasn’t alone now, was I?

I suddenly felt embarrassed, and my face became flushed. I stopped moving and approached the man, waving my hand in front of his face.

“He still hasn’t woken up, right?”

With no response, I breathed a sigh of relief. I avoided creating a potentially awkward situation. The man continued to sleep, his expression oblivious to the world around him, while exuding extraordinary beauty.

I became slightly worried.

From my perspective, he appeared to be recovering smoothly, but what if something went wrong?

“No way…”

I decided to trust the Magic Tower, which held a significant position in the empire. If the treatment wasn’t effective, I would demand compensation or something! Thinking positively, I stood up from my seat and stretched.

“Yawn…”

I was tired from taking care of him and working nonstop. Although I wanted to just fall asleep in my room, there were still tasks left to do.

Dance practice.

Before my transmigration and even after, Rosette Cernia had never danced. The nobles who were aware of my status kept their distance, and naturally, I didn’t receive any dance requests. As a result, I could only watch the nobles from a secluded corner where no one ventured.

How magnificent it looked to dance to grand music! It felt like being in a completely different world.

‘I’m also a noble…’

I had been no different from a maid assisting my younger sister, but since then, I’ve developed an attachment to dancing.

‘Because I can never dance in both lifetimes.’

As a result, I picked up dancing, and after gaining independence, it evolved into a hobby for me. I even played music in the ballroom.

“Oh my.”

Right now, I imagine myself transmigrating as the female lead of a romance novel I read. And in front of me, the world’s most handsome male lead smiled and asked me to dance.

“Dance with me? …Sure.”

Shyly nodding my head, I took the male lead’s arm and moved towards the center of the hall.
Suddenly, numerous gazes focused on me. Among them were expressions of jealousy, admiration, and longing.

The grand palace ballroom seemed like a stage prepared just for the male lead and me.

“Da-da-dan. Da-da-da~”

At the same time, the orchestra played a majestic melody…

I extended my hand forward and held the male lead’s hand. With that, the splendid dance moves began. If anyone else saw it, they would probably think I had gone mad, but so what?

There was no one watching anyway.

“Da-dan-dan!”

As the music reached its climax, my steps became faster. Finally, I leaned back, smiling, as a grand finale. With a proud expression, I praised my amazing dancing skills.

“Of course, it’s me. Honestly, anyone who dances with me should consider it an honor!”

I was about to consider getting a glass of cool water as my throat was becoming parched, when I turned my body…

“…?”

A pair of crimson eyes stared at me intently. For a moment, it felt as if time had stopped, and everything appeared to be in slow motion.

Should I just die?

“Aaaah!”

Screaming, I ran up the stairs to the second floor.

⋆ ★ ⋆

After a little while, I regained my composure and went downstairs to the first floor. That whole incident had left me utterly drained, as I had exerted all my energy into running away.

As I descended, the man sitting on the sofa was rubbing his head. When he noticed me, his expression turned concerned, and he asked, “Are you okay? Your face looks pale…”

“No, no, it’s nothing. Haha! The weather is just lovely, isn’t it? The afternoon sun is so warm, I feel like having a cup of tea.”

It was already past afternoon and dark outside, but what could I do about blurting out nonsense? I wanted to cry.

It felt like it wasn’t the first time my mental state had faltered like this. With no response, I stared at the man with narrowed eyes.

“By the way, what were you doing before?”

Upon hearing my question, the man tilted his head. Despite my attempts to look nonchalant, he remained unfazed by my intense gaze.

I chewed on the soft flesh inside my mouth and spoke, “Dancing…I was dancing.”