13. Indecisive

Everyone looked so happy, but I was worried about one thing. I do not know i should say this or not... I do not want to snatch the smile my father is carrying on his face.

I looked at my father who was smiling and hugging Malhotra Uncle.

"Arika, beta?" Mrs. Malhotra called.

"Ji, aunty?" 

"Yaha aao."

"Ji."

I sat on the couch and she covered my head with a red dupatta that covered major part of my head. I forwarded my hands and she kept a few things like coconut and other things of my head.

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't realize when Agastya came and sat beside me. She offered me a sweet and I had it. Mr. & Mrs. Malhotra gave me their blessings and I smiled at them.

Agastya who was sitting behind me kept taking my glances and smiling at me and I smiled back to him. The ritual completed and Agastya went to his office. 

"Achcha, Mrs. Madhu ji. Ab hum chalte hain." My mom said joining her hands at her.

I released a breath that I never knew I holded for how long.

"Ji, zarur." They hugged each other and the mens of the family hugged too.

I touched their feet but again got stopped mid-way. We bid byes and I sat back in the car. Lakshya bid bye to me and I smiled at him as he said "Bye, Bhabhi."

The drive to the home was silent and I messaged the group chat.

Me: Let's meet.

Tanu: Kya hua?

Me: Milkar btaungi.

Nishant: Tune subhe subhe pee hui hai kya?

Me: Thappad padega tujhe.

Nishant: Kyun? Tu henry ki mom hai kya?

Tanu: Come at my place.

Me: Okay.

Nishant: Ye thappad maaregi toh main nahi aaunga.

Arika removed Nishank

"Bhaiya aap mujhe Tanu ke ghar chord doge please?" I asked.

"Uske yaha kyu jana hai?" He asked.

"Jaane de na. Ab toh vaise bhi parayi ho jayegi kuch dino mein. Udd jayegi ghar se meri chidiya." Mumma said.

"Hume chordne ke baad chord aaiyo." Papa said and I smiled at papa.

"Haan, mujhe khaane ki taiyari bhi karni hai." Bhabhi said and now bhaiya was convinced.

The car stopped at our house and everyone got off their seats excluding me and bhaiya. I came down and took the passenger's seat. Bhaiya started driving and I turned on the radio.

"Vaise achanak uske ghar kyun jana hai?" He asked still focused on the road. "Aaj tak toh aise achanak nahi gayi tu."

"Aise hi bass milne ka mann kiya." I said casually.