11. The Buttercup

Her pov:

I woke up at 9AM, today as i slept late last night. I saw Anahita still sleeping beside him. As soon as i woke up i checked my phone if he messaged me or is still sleeping.

I saw his message that made me blush as he called me buttercup. I wonder why he always called me that, so i asked him.

"Why Buttercup?"

And he instantly replied.

"I don't answer for free."

"So, tell me what's the cost?"

"A kiss."

I blushed with his text and laughed a little causing Anahita to wake up.

"What got you smiling like that?" Ana asked sitting up straight.

"He called me buttercup." I said smiling ear to ear.

"Oh, these cheesy couples" She said going back to sleep.

She was still sleepy as she heard me venting last night when Agastya wasn't replying and slept with his phone on. She was hearing my intrusive and delusional thoughts of how i'm gonna kill the girl who he's texting and rip her heart out of her chest in a snap of fingers. 

"Come and take it." I messaged him back to his long gone request.

"Are you challenging me, buttercup?"

"You wouldn't know." I said with a winky emoji.

He reacted 'heart' to my message. I kept my phone aside and hugged Anahita from back feeling cozy.

"This might be my last day here in India." Anahita suddenly said taking my attention.

"Whattttt?" I almost screamed in her ear that she flinched.

"Mumma said that we need to head back to Canada. Dad is missing me. He booked the flight tickets last night and asked for our return."

"Awww... i'll miss you."

"I miss you too." 

We both hugged each other and Bua entered. 

"I'll miss you, bua" I said getting up and hugging her.

"I'll miss you too, Aru" She said hugging me back even tighter and placed a soft kiss on my foreead breaking the hug.

"Ready to leave, Anu?" Bua asked looking at Anu.

"Yes, Mumma."

Bua left the room. Anu got up to Shower and I kept rewinding our moments together. Anu came after showering and started getting ready and after her i showered. We both came downstairs and the i could sense the environment getting emotional.

Bua & Anu barely visited India. And this time they atleast stayed for a week. Everyone had breakfast in silence. And then it was the time for goodbye. We shared emotional moments and cried hugging each other. 

We bid them bye, and i gave a tight hug to Anu. Bhaiya and Papa drove Anu & bua to the airport. And I came back to my room and messaged Tanu about the date. We were talking when i heard mumma shouting my name.

"Arrikaaa"

"Hanji mummy?"

"Beta, come downstairs."

"Coming..."

"Chal, let's talk later. Mumma's calling me." I said to tanu over phone.

"Byee" I hung up the call and came downstairs running.

I saw papa, bhaiya and mumma sitting on the sofa in the living room. i looked at mumma and she gestured to her side. I walked to her and sat beside her. I was continously fidgeting my fingers when mumma said.

"Beta, i didn't ask you before as I sensed your discomfort. But tell me honestly, do you like Agastya?"

I was looking down at my fingers and kept fidgeting it. I felt someone's presence and looked up at my shoulder, and saw bhabhi looking at me.

She put her index finger on my chin, lifting my face up. She raised her eyebrows questioning me. I just smiled and she hugged me.

"It's a YES, mumma." Bhabhi said. I heard voices behind me.

"Badhaii hoo" Papa excmlaimed.

"Badhaii hoo" Mumma said.

"So, my sister finally agreed. huh?" Bhaiya said coming towards me. i hugged him and hid in his embrace.

"Yeah, yeah. Now toh she won't even look at us, na." Mumma said.

"She only loves her brother." Papa said.

"It's not like that, mumma papa" I said and hugged them both.

"She won't love me from now on." Bhaiya said.

"Why are you saying so?" Bhabhi said folding her arms on her chest.

"She have found the one for herself now, who will take care of her more than me.."

I turned to bhaiya seeing him emotional i got emotional but he continued.

"Who'll treat her as a princess, care for her more than me, love her more than me, provide her the things-" i cut bhaiya in between his words and started crying in his chest.

"Ohh, this bond." Bhabhi said.

"I'll miss you both fighting each other." Mumma said and I ran to the stairs of my room. I locked the door behind me and my phone rang. I wiped my tears off and picked up the call.

"You said YES, Huh?" The voice from the other side said.

"Agastya?" I said recognizing the voice.

"Yes, buttercup."

"How did you know?"

"My father and your father were on call and the speaker was on."

"Ohh." 

"So... you like me?"

"When did I say that?"

"You said yes for the wedding."

"That doesn't mean I like you."

"Yeah, ofcourse, you love me."

I giggled and hung up the call.

The whole day went by smiling and blushing at my imaginative scenarios. I informed Tanu about everything. She sounded so happy.

"But, Aru... Are you sure about him? I mean.. you're marrying Agastya. Are you recovered from your past? Does he accept you?"

"I haven't told him about the incident, yet."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. I couldn't think about that situation when I was with him."

"You should tell him, Aru. You're gonna get married. Don't start off your relationship with lies."

"You're right, Tanu. I will talk to him about it."

"Alright! Needa go, bye!"

"Byee, Tanu."

I hung up the call and was lying on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about his reaction. I kept thinking about him and the incident with Vikram. 

I started crying thinking about what Vikram. I kept crying and didn't know when did I fell asleep.

___________
___________

Please vote!