2. Dream Come True

Her pov:

Coming down the stairs, I realized no one was there in the living room.
I figured everyone must be in the dining room since it was late morning.

I turn around and...

"Surpriseee!!" Everybody shouts.

I flinched when party poppers and balloons were popped in the air.

"Happy birthday" Everybody shouts again.

And i see my parents, bhai, bhabhi, bua, Anahita and my best friends- 'Tanu' and 'Nishank' standing infront of me in a semi circle.

"You forgot it was your birthday, didn't you?" My father says.

"Happy birthday, laado" My mom says kissing me on the cheeks.

"Happy birthday, Aru" My brother and his wife Akriti come forward to pull me into a hug.

I hugged everyone and thanked them for their sweet gesture.Later, we cut the cake and clicked some sweet pictures.

"Everyone, let's have lunch now." My father said and everybody followed him including me.

My father and Mother sat on the main head chairs. Bua, bhai, bhabhi and Nishank sat on my father's side. Meanwhile i sat between Tanu and Ana on my mother's side. Tanu sat close to my mother as she's her favorite ideal child (which she think is, but only i know the reality behind the innocent face of my bestfriend)

"So, this was the reason for the sudden visit?" I asked looking towards bua.

"Mhm" Tanu nods.

Yes! And there's one more reason..." Bua says.

"What is it ,bua?" I asked taking a sip of my juice.

"I think it's time." She says.

"Time for what, Sushma?" Dad asked.

"For her to get married, Bhaiya" As soon the word slips her mouths i choked on my juice resulting me in coughing badly. Remembering the dream i saw this morning of me getting married without my convinience. No way the dream was about to get true.

"Ahem! Ahem!" i cough. Tanu and Ana started to pat my back and Bhabhi passed me a glass of water.

"Are you okay, beta?" My mom asked.

"Yes, i'm fine" I replied gulping down the water.

"But why so sudden, Sushma? She just turned 24 today only" Dad says.

Thankyou, Dad. Exactly bua!!! I just turned 24! For god sake let me live. please. Can you?

"Bhaiya, this is the correct age to get married. If we start searching from now then only we can find a good, wealthy man for our Aru. Besides, we got Abhiraj married at the age of 24 only." She argued.

Yeah, sure. A good, wealthy man. A typical Indian families thinking.

"Aru. beta?" Mom says catching my attention.

"Yes, maa?"

"If you have any guy in mind, feel free to share his name?" Mumma said.

I dive into my thoughts thinking about the faceless guy from my dream, He was kinda... Hot. That rolex watch looked so good on his veiny hands. Yeah! His hands. That's all i could see from my veil.

"Aru?" My brother said dragging me to the reality. I look towards him.

"Mumma's asking something." Bhai says catching my attention.