20. 𝐬01𝐞07

。。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

ONCE Reyna had realized that the shape that had been ripped out of her was more than just a formless mass, she hesitantly picked it up, despite Dany and Ser Jorah's protests.

Using the fabric of her sand silk dress, she attempted to clean as much of the blood from it as she could, only to then realize that it was her babe, her precious Cregan, all curled up and tiny.

'He's so small,' Reyna thought, 'So small,' she mused to herself. Like an ear of corn, she compared.

How ironic it was, that Reyna had lost her babe besides a river named Womb of the World.

Ser Jorah had been keeping a close eye on her, as Dany continued to inquire about her welfare. But Reyna couldn't hear her voice, focused as she wrapped  Cregan in the bloody shawl that had once been across her shoulders, then gently settled down her baby with care and stood up unsteadily, making her way back to the hall where the feast had taken place.

Despite her aching womb and heavy legs, she felt as though she was moving effortlessly, like air or drifting through water. Her mind felt like it was underwater too.

She could recall that Dany was still trailing behind her, saying something but when she entered the hall, she froze. The once lively celebration had come to an end, with everyone gone. When her gaze landed on the motionless body in the center, Reyna felt as though she could almost hear the glass of her heart shattering.

Viserys was almost unrecognisable. His head was completely covered in gold, and the exposed portion of his face was severely burned. Despite her initial shock, Reyna approached his lifeless body, faintly hearing Dany's question, "What are you doing?"

Ignoring her, Reyna grabbed his boots and let out a sigh before starting to drag his body. Taking a deep breath, she began the painstaking task of bringing him back to where Cregan lay.

When she finally brought his body back to the Womb of The World, Reyna fell down to her knees, immediately digging her hands into the ground. By this time, Dany realized that Reyna was not going to respond to any of her inquiries. So, she gently knelt down beside her good sister, placing one hand on her baby bump, and helped Reyna with the digging.

The only sound in the air was the sound of heavy breathing as the two women worked in silence, digging with their hands. Eventually, Sir Jorah joined in, helping with the digging. And when they had finally dug a hole big enough, Reyna sat back on her heels, her hands dirty as she wiped the sweat off her forehead, letting out a heavy sigh.