17. 𝐬01𝐞04

[ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 ]

。。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

IT had been a fortnight since Reyna received the devastating news that she was pregnant with Viserys' child. Since then, it felt like she had been moving through life in a daze, everything around her appearing distant and unimportant.

Now, she sat in her tent, savoring the vegetables she had grown herself. Ever since discovering that she could grow her own food with her abilities, she has made the choice to rely solely on what she can produce, refusing any meat offered by the Dothraki.

It was not supposed to be like this. This was not how it was supposed to go. She would marry Viserys, and when Viserys inevitably failed in his pursuit for the iron throne and got himself killed, Reyna would be free. And now she was with his child, a child that created an everlasting tie between them.

Reyna knew Viserys would probably be a terrible father, not as bad as his, but still bad, but she couldn't keep it from him. Reyna was always bad at lying, even worse at keeping secrets. So today she decided, would be the day she told him. Whatever came after, she would just have to deal with it.

Whenever Viserys entered their tent, he did so with an aggressive and violent energy. Reyna, trying to gather her courage, was jolted out of her stupor by Viserys' voice, "What's the matter with you?"

Reyna looked up at him and saw that he was glaring down at her, "Nothing, why?"

"Because you look as if someone has just died," he replied.

In reality, Reyna thought, it was quite the opposite. As she began to speak, he cut her off, "What is that?"

She followed his gaze in the direction of the fruit and vegetables, she said to him, "Are you blind? It's fruit and vegetables."

He turned to give her a stern look. "I'm not blind, I'm just surprised to see fruit and vegetables in this dry climate, Reyna."

"I grew them," Reyna mumbled as she ate a blueberry.

Viserys continued to glare at her until Reyna picked up the bowl and offered him some. He took it hesitantly, but as soon as he tasted it, he eagerly grabbed the bowl from Reyna and finished the rest.

She rolled her eyes, but then patted the bed, "Sit next to me."

If Reyna was watching him, she would have noticed the way his lilac eyes slightly widened when she actually invited him to sit next to her. Warily, he obliged and took a seat beside her. His gaze was fixed on her as he observed how she avoided direct eye contact, with furrowed eyebrows and a small pout on her pink lips.