8. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

。。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

"YOU HAVE SUCH pretty things."

Daenerys said softly as she sifted through Reyna's wardrobe.

It had been a two months since Daenerys and Reyna made amends, and as the days went by, the two women had formed a close bond. Reyna took the liberty of introducing Daenerys to Pentos and showing her what the beautiful city had to offer. And despite Reyna trying to get Daenerys to open up, she still remained shy and passive.

Today, Reyna had invited the princess to have lunch with her on the balcony in her chambers and now they were lounging around in her bedroom. Daenerys had seen a glimpse of one of her many dresses, then shyly asked Reyna if she could look through her collection, Reyna said yes, while sitting on the chaise nursing a goblet of wine.

"I'm sure, during your time in Pentos, you will acquire many pretty things as well," Reyna said casually as she observed the princess carefully touch one of her dresses.

"I do not believe so," the princess said quietly, murmuring to herself.

The princess did that often. During the month Reyna noticed how Daenerys always murmured softly and spoke as if she were talking to herself, as if she was scared of raising her voice. Most times Reyna had to strain her ears to her Daenerys.

"Why do you think so?" Reyna asked

"Viserys and I cannot stay in one place for too long, after a while it becomes unsafe. And then we have to leave". Flee is what Dany wanted to say. They always ended up having to flee. Thoughts of a red door and lemon tree drifting through her mind, the home she never had.

A small frown graced Reyna's lips. She could never imagine having to run away to a new place after setting in another. She'd become miserable and hopeless.

Reyna's expression softened, "I see. That must have been hard for you."

Dany nodded, "Yes, it was. But I suppose it doesn't matter any longer. Once we return to Westeros, Viserys will finally have his rightful throne, and I will be able to return home. All of this will just be a fading memory."

Reyna smiled warmly at her friend, "I'm glad you are so optimistic, Princess. But I must confess, I do not share your views on Viserys taking the Iron Throne. It seems to me like an unrealistic goal".

Dany's eyes widened in surprise, "You don't think Viserys will succeed? Why not?"

"Well, for one, I do not think the people will welcome him with open arms. He is not a king they know or are familiar with. And from what I have heard, there is a lot of unrest in Westeros. Many of the kingdoms are in conflict with each other, and there is no shortage of powerful houses seeking to take the Iron Throne for themselves".