𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐗𝐗

𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎

__________________________________

_________________

𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎 (v.)

to fall in love again

_________________

__________________________________

(Y/N) wanted to groan.

    As soon as she walked into Severus' office, he practically piled several papers into her hands that she hadn't finished the previous night since he kicked her out for her unproductive time. Now checking and filing the papers, the task so monotonous and boring she swore she was half-awake with her body mechanically moving on its own, she tried to keep her mind focused.

    It was not easy.

    "Professor, why are you giving me so much boring work?" She muttered as she gave him a 'seriously?' look laced with overdramatic pain.

    "It's detention, (L/N)," Severus uttered without looking at her, his gaze focused on his own tasks. "It doesn't matter if it's boring or not, as it's supposed to be a punishment for you due to not being so inclined in controlling your temper."

    "Not my fault Lazarus Vince has such a punchable face," she rolled her eyes.

    Severus stayed quiet.

    (Y/N) took that as her cue to continue.

    "Anyways, yesterday, didn't I argue exactly why I shouldn't be punished?" She hummed as she placed another paper into its specific filing order, raising a brow Severus' way. "I know I may be sounding repetitive, but this detention I'm in is injustice to me, as Vince was the one who initiated the hostility. Last I checked, the term 'mudblood' isn't something you would hear in polite conversation."

    "You are correct," Severus finally met her stare with a pointed look. "However, punching someone and almost breaking their nose isn't found in polite conversation, either."

    "Wait— backup," (Y/N) held up her hand in a 'stop' sign, her eyes wide. "You're telling me I almost broke Vince's nose and I didn't know?"

    "Your reaction is precisely why."

    She scoffed, waving her hand to his words.