𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐗𝐕𝐈

𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎

__________________________________

_________________

𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎 (v.)

to fall in love again

_________________

__________________________________

   "WHAT!?" Èlisabeth whisper-shouted in disbelief during Transfiguration, staring at (Y/N) in aghast over the story she was told concerning Lazarus and Liana. "First of all, how the hell did I miss this? Secondly, good for you for beating the shit out of them! Thirdly, is your hand okay? And fourth of all, Professor Dumbledore still gave you more detention despite the fact that you were defending yourself!? That doesn't make any bloody sense!"

"I know, right?" (Y/N) scoffed, seemingly unbothered as she flicked her quill around.

"Don't give me that nonchalant attitude," Èlisabeth rolled her eyes as she flicked a lock of her dark blue hair behind her shoulder before crossing her arms over her desk. "This is just getting ridiculous—like, two months of detention for defending yourself against these two? Give me a break. They're the ones who deserve the detention— no, they deserve to be expelled for the type of shit that's coming out of their asses."

"Yeah..." (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed as she thought about Lazarus' and Liana's rather unjustified hatred. "It's really annoying..."

"More than that, I'd say."

"It's as if the world is strategically placing assholes in front of me every. single. day," she muttered as she propped her head up, her brow twitching. "I mean, why do I have to deal with two of them at the end of my time here? When I'm just about to graduate? Honestly, at this point in my life, I'm gonna need a stronger word than 'fuck' to deal with all these shitheads."

Èlisabeth chuckled at that.

"What?" (Y/N) blinked. "It's true."

Elisabeth's eyes then flicked to somewhere behind (Y/N), nudging her and gesturing with her head for her to look, which she did. She grimaced when meeting Ansar's eyes, he staring at her with a type of guilt and sincerity mixed into one confusing ball of complexity that she was too tired to deal with. That, and because of the fact that she had already decided that if he was friends with Liana, she could definitely never be friends with him.

She merely resorted to giving him a disgusted glare before looking away.

She had no time to deal with him.

That, and she because she didn't want to.

Unfortunately, Ansar didn't seem to want to listen to her wishes as right after Transfiguration, he stopped her in the hall.

"What?" She stared at him.

"I just want to talk," Ansar sighed.

"I think I'm good," she chuckled dryly as she turned around to keep walking.

    "Please!" Ansar rushed around her to stand in front of her again, his red eyes highlighted with just a hint of desperation that it was starting to irritate (Y/N). "Just... wait. Listen, it's true that I've known Liana a long time—since we were children—but that doesn't mean I agree with her ideals or anything that she's done to you. Our houses hoped to unite through marriage between us, but as you know, her heart lies with Lazarus Vince, and I... I've never been fond of her that way."

"So?" (Y/N) arched a brow.

"So, what I'm trying to tell you is that the reason I stepped in was because I was hoping I could stop her," he then sighed once more as he ran his hand through his messy blonde hair, his expression one of conflicting emotions. "I... didn't want her to hurt you, okay? I want to be your friend. Me wanting to befriend you wasn't a trick, okay?"

"But how can I believe you?" (Y/N) gave a rather dramatic shrug. "Tell me—how?"

His lips parted to speak, but he said nothing.

She scoffed.

"Hey," Èlisabeth set her hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder, glancing between her and Ansar with a concerned look. "Everything okay here?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) waved her worries away. "We're done talking, so let's go." However, as she walked away, she then stopped, turning back to face Ansar once more to say, "You may think I'm overreacting towards you, but I'm really not. Both Liana and Lazarus attacked and insulted not just me, but my family. People who are associated with them, regardless if they choose it or not, belong to those who share those same ideals. I don't need that, so I don't need you."

With that, she turned and left with Èlisabeth right behind her, not even bothering to look back.

Ansar cursed under his breath.

    While he understood why (Y/N) was wary of him and therefore did not want to be around him, that didn't mean he had to like such decisions. He wasn't sure what prompted him to try and become friends with her, but when he first saw her in Transfiguration on that first day, he found himself thinking that he wouldn't mind becoming friendly with her. Maybe it was how she looked at him as if she didn't care about who he was or what his status was that drew him to her, or maybe it could've just been the fact that she had smiled nicely at him when their eyes accidentally met.

    He could tell she was a good person.

    Perhaps a bit foul-mouthed and a bit sarcastic, but a good person all the same.

    That was the very reason why he was so disappointed and irritated all the same: he potentially had lost someone who he could have had a strong friendship with—someone who could have his back and he hers, and someone who possibly could have been his friend for life.

    Ansar exhaled heavily once more as he leaned against the wall, his red eyes dimming to a more murky maroon color than the usual bright scarlet that it was, reflecting his emotions in that moment. Maybe he was thinking too far ahead of what could have happened if he had never stepped in between (Y/N) and Liana, but he couldn't help but imagine the possibilities—possibilities that now would no longer happen if (Y/N) was stubbornly true to her word and never gave him another chance.

    It left him feeling melancholic.

    Rejected, even.

    He was never rejected before.

    It was enough to leave him feeling terrible, and wanting desperately to change his situation.

    No matter what it took.

__________________________________

— 𝐓 𝐎 𝐁 𝐄 𝐂 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐈 𝐍 𝐔 𝐄 𝐃 —