Chapter 43

Someone was shaking her and Natalia opened her eyes, looking up to see Mike standing over her. She was still on the plane, back in the bedroom curled up in the bed. Last time she'd been here, it had been with Dominic, curled up in his arms. Heaviness hit her and she groaned. "Are we back?"

"Yeah, we are," he said quietly.

"Okay. Thank you," she said.

He nodded. "Keep your chin up, Natalia."

"I'll try," she whispered.

She got up off the bed, and grabbed her bag. She'd slept almost the entire trip. Lack of food, emotional stress and using her aura had completely exhausted her. Not that she cared. Sleep was the only thing easing the heaviness she was feeling right now.

Natalia stepped off the plane and into the bright sunlight. It felt wrong. The day should be just as miserable as she was. She walked over to the SUV, and opened the driver's side door. The keys were in the center console and she grabbed them and started the engine. She couldn't believe she was coming back alone. Dominic should be there with her. But he wasn't, and he never would be.

She whimpered as the sobs came again and she brushed them away. She needed him, desperately. She finally made it back to the pack house and slipped inside, before heading down to his room. She opened the door and was immediately hit by his scent, making her sob even more. She sat her bag down, then crawled onto the bed, and pulled his pillow against her chest, hugging it tightly to her.

What was she going to do now? She knew at some point, she would get a second chance, but the thought of another man touching her made her sick. She didn't know how she would be able to ever handle someone else. She had no desire to share her life with anyone else.

She lay there, staring at the wall, breathing in Dominic's scent. Maybe she could just stay here in his room. It would be her room now. She closed her eyes. Maybe she could fall asleep and never wake back up. Unlikely.

Dominic was there again in her dreams. He smiled at her as he walked up to her, pulling her into his arms and holding her tightly against him.

"I miss you so much," she whispered.

"I'm fine. I'm alright. I'll see you soon," he told her quietly, lightly cupping her cheek, a smile on his handsome face.

"Dom," she whispered. "I miss you so, so much."

Her eyes snapped open and she breathed out slowly as sorrow hit her again. She stared at the wall, wondering how in the world she was going to continue living. She never thought it would be so overwhelming. She felt as though everything was falling apart.

Natalia sighed and glanced at the clock. She'd been asleep for quite a while. Not that she cared. What did it matter now? She rolled over onto her back. She needed to get up and take a shower and eat something. She had no desire to.

"Hi."

She screamed and sat up, looking down at the man who was laying next to her. Her mouth dropped open and she jumped off the bed. "I'm losing my ever loving mind." She rubbed at her eyes, closing them and opening them again.

He smiled at her. "You're not losing your mind. I'm here."

She stared at him for a long moment until he reached out of hand towards her. Natalia put her hand In his tentatively.

"See? I'm real," he reassured her.

She started to sob, completely overcome by her emotions. Dominic pulled her to him and seated her in his lap, wrapping his arms around her tightly.