Chapter 3

The plane landed in Los Angeles, and Dominic put his bookmark in his book. Natalia's birthday party was tomorrow night, so he needed to make a point to get this done as quickly as possible so he could get back in time. This pack was his family. He needed to be back for the event.

He enjoyed their company anyway. That was the main reason he stayed. They treated him like family. Plus he knew the food would be amazing. The party was being held outdoors which meant both smoked and grilled.

Maybe he should ask Brianna to be his Chosen. The woman was an amazing chef, but he'd honestly never thought of her in a sexual way. She was beautiful with her red hair and big green eyes, but he couldn't really see himself mating her. If she ever found her mate, that man would be very lucky.

He stood and grabbed his bags, then left the plane. A car waited on him, and he got inside, greeting the driver, who already knew where he needed to go. He'd used this car service and driver before and he really liked the guy. The man knew how to navigate the city and would have no problem getting him around. The car left the airport and took off to his hotel.

Dom hated Los Angeles. He'd been here many times throughout the years, and it was one place he would never want to live. The traffic was ridiculous, and the joke that it was an hour commute from Los Angeles to Los Angeles really wasn't a joke. It was why he'd showed up early, and why he always hired a car service. He'd rather let someone else drive and deal with the traffic. Plus he'd probably get lost.

The car finally pulled up in front of a hotel, and he got out and headed inside. He checked in at the front desk, then took the elevator up to his floor and headed down the hall to his room.

It wasn't an overy expensive hotel, but it was clean and that was all he cared about. He'd been in some nasty ones, the scents of previous occupants and the stench of sex filling the air and radiating off the bed he was supposed to sleep on. Those were the nights he shifted and slept on the floor. It was worth it to pay extra. But he also wasn't above complaining, and if the staff took care of him, he had no problem leaving them with a nice fat tip to make up for it.

If he was dealing with a pack, he always took them up on their offer to stay at the pack house guest accommodations. He knew it would be clean, and he appreciated that. Their sense of smell made them clean the rooms overly well and he could practically eat off the floor.

He glanced around the room, breathing in deeply. It didn't reek of sex and smelled clean and that was all he cared about. The bed was a King and would easily accommodate his 6 foot four inch frame. He'd get a decent night's sleep, hopefully with his Dream Girl, finish up his business in the morning and head home.

He hung up the garment bag that contained his suits and glanced at his watch. He had a few hours to get ready and get to his meeting. He walked into the bathroom and flipped on the shower.

He stepped under the water and let his mind drift to the conversation he'd had with Nick earlier. A second chance mate. It made sense now that he thought about it. He'd been dreaming about her for over a year now. Always the same woman, with long brown hair. It was the only feature he could really remember well, besides her body. If she truly was his second chance, his new mate would be a brunette. And that really narrowed it down, he thought with a roll of his eyes. Most of the women he knew were brunettes.

Not that Dom really had a preference. He didn't discriminate in his admiration of the opposite sex. They were all beautiful, each in their own way. Some of them didn't see it either, which sort of made him sad. Humans had such high standards when it came to beauty, and set goals that were unattainable to the average woman. It saddened him when he came across a woman who wasn't comfortable with her own body.