Chapter 37

Natalia took her time in the shower, scrubbing herself down, desperately trying to get Anthony's scent off of her. Her mind was elsewhere as she tried to analyze her situation. Obviously she'd been dosed with wolfsbane at some point. She didn't exactly know when she'd been disconnected from Nala. She tried to remember if it had happened when she'd been so drunk, but she wasn't sure. Her mind had been much too muddled during that time. She'd been more concerned with her mate, why he was pissed and how badly she wanted him. She blushed, annoyed with herself.

There was a clock in the bathroom and she saw it was about nine. Based on the light coming in from the window, she guessed it to be the next morning. How long had she been disconnected from her wolf? That was the main question. Wolfsbane would only last for so long.

She could still vaguely smell Anthony's scent on her and she hated it. She scrubbed her skin hard, washing him off of her. Knowing she'd slept in his arms last night made her want to puke. She stopped. Maybe puking would be a good idea.

She has a feeling the wolfsbane was in the alcohol she'd consumed. The bottle had been sealed, but if it was made here.. she groaned. She got out of the shower, and grabbed a towel, then dried herself off quickly. She was going to force herself to throw up. But before she got the chance, the door opened and Alpha Anthony walked in. So much for privacy.

The good news was that he was dressed now, and less likely to force her to mate him. But the only thing she had was a towel. She froze as he stepped closer to her, closing the distance between them. He breathed in her scent, his nose rubbing over her ear as he wrapped an arm around her. She shuddered, completely disgusted by his touch.

"Good, now you smell better," he said with a smile. He let go of her and walked out of the bathroom.

She breathed a small sigh of relief when he left her alone, but he was back a moment later with some clothes.

"Put these on," he said, handing them to her.

She waited for a moment, hoping he'd leave. "Can I have some privacy?"

"No. You don't need privacy," he said, crossing his arms.

She glared at him. "Could you at least turn around then?"

"I've already seen you naked, sweetheart," he said with a smile.

She crossed her own arms.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine." He turned his back to her.

She breathed a small sigh of relief that he'd agreed to that one thing and she quickly dressed, not wanting him to change his mind. They were his clothes and that didn't make her happy. The shirt alone would make her dress, and hung off one of her shoulders. He'd also given her a pair of shorts and she folded them several times, hoping they wouldn't fall off.

She was fairly certain her bag was still in the car. Dominic hadn't pulled them out before they'd come into the house. But what she really needed was her smaller bag. The one that contained her phone. She'd brought it in and hoped it was still in the room they'd been in.

Anthony turned around after several moments to see if she was dressed yet. "You look good in my clothes," he complimented.

"I'd like my own," she told him.

"Did you bring any others?"

"Yes, I have a bag in the car," she told him.

"I'll have that brought up here then. Later. For now, you'll eat," he said, walking out of the bedroom.

Natalia followed him out. "And my purse?"

"It's safe," he said, walking over to a small table where two plates of food were waiting for them.