Chapter 12

Dominic got out of the shower, dried off and dressed quickly. So much for breakfast. And his libido. Having Nick's voice in his head had immediately killed it and stopped all of his lustful thoughts of Natalia. And now he had to go face her father.

It was the one thing he was still concerned with. Her family's approval. Would they tell him to reject her? He honestly wasn't sure. If it had been fifty years ago, probably. But now? Not necessarily. If it was any other pack, probably. But Regal Eclipse wasn't the norm and being mated to someone who was hundreds of years your senior happened. He was just concerned because she was so young.

If he could, he'd probably keep her at a distance for a few years, but that was impossible. They all knew it. The only way he wasn't going to be mating her was if a rejection occurred. Another rejection. His heart plummeted. He wasn't sure how he'd handle another rejection. It would tear him apart.

He walked down the hall slowly, feeling like he was headed towards his doom. Nick had called him to a meeting room, which meant more than likely, he wouldn't be the only one there.

He stopped outside the door, breathing deeply. Crap. They were all in there. Would this be the time he got kicked out of the pack? He swallowed and opened the door.

None of them were sitting, which didn't surprise him at all. These four men were the most powerful werewolves in the world, and he wondered if together, they could kill him. The thought made him dizzy. And they were all looking at him.

He stopped just inside the door, waiting for his judgement to fall. He kept his gaze on the floor, and waited patiently. Waited to be told he needed to reject her, and that he needed to leave.

"Are you okay, Dom?"

The question was completely unexpected, and he frowned. Why did they care? Because that's who they were. He relaxed a small bit and his gaze moved up to Daniel, his former Alpha and Natalia's grandfather. "I don't know."

"Is this why you were freaking out yesterday?" Kai asked.

He should have known they'd pick up on it. He sighed. "Yes."

"Sit," Nick said, and they all did so.

It was less intimidating, and he was glad they all knew. He'd been half worried Nick would make him tell them all. He really didn't want to.

"Well, this definitely wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm not upset about it," Nick said. "I do wish she was a bit older, but when I think about it.." He shrugged. "It really doesn't matter."

"Are you okay with this?" Caleb asked.

Dom looked up at him and saw the concern in his eyes. "I'm still having a hard time believing it."

"You're expecting her to reject you."

It wasn't a question and he hated that they knew, but he also realized they were asking him as his friend, as his pack mates. He nodded slowly.

"Did she seem hesitant about this at all?" Nick asked.

"No." She'd been pretty adamant about it too. He'd lost count of how many times she'd told him she wanted him.

"Then get out of your own head. She's not going to go back on her word, and we're not going to tell you to reject her. That would be damaging to the both of you," Nick said, leaning back in his seat and crossing his arms. He smiled. "I get it though. I was freaked out when Daniel found out too."

Dom's gaze darted to Daniel and he saw the smirk on the Alpha's face. "How does Noelle feel about this?"

"She's fine, but if you hurt her, Noelle will probably kick your ass," Nick warned him.