Chapter 5

The building the limo pulled up to later that night was a dark warehouse that looked as though it had seen better days. Dominic looked at it skeptically. He'd seen worse though. Much worse.

It wasn't in downtown Los Angeles; it was actually much closer to Sierra Nevada Pack than he thought it would be. He shot a text to Dax, letting him know he was there, then headed inside.

Inside was completely different. The place had to be new, but it delighted the senses with the upbeat music, bright, flashing lights, and modern decor. He could detect the scent of fresh paint under the scents of bodies and sex.

A text from Dax, told him where he was and he headed up the staircase to a private balcony.

Dax was the Beta of Sierra Nevada and the only one in the pack leadership that wasn't mated. Dominic had gone out with him more than once and appreciated the other man's company.

The place had quite a few werewolves in it, he noticed. He could catch the scent of them every so often. He walked over and sat down on one of the couches, nodding to Dax who smiled at him. He had a pretty little blond human on his arm, cuddled up against his body. "Hey Dominic. Drink?"

"Why not."

A woman appeared a few moments later, with a tray and several shots on it. Dominic was surprised to see that she was a she-wolf as well and he raised an eyebrow at Dax.

"We just opened this place a month ago. All the staff are from home," Dax said.

Dominic nodded. "Didn't know you were planning to."

"That's why I brought you here, to show it off," Dax said, picking up a shot glass.

Dom picked up one as well and clinked his glass to Dax's. The smell of Moonlight Bourbon filtered under his nose and he smiled, before pouring the stuff down his throat. It burned a bit, but it would do the job and get him drunk. Then maybe he could get Deidre and his Dream Girl out of his mind for a few hours.

Dominic lost count of how many shots he did. But he had a nice buzz going and so did Dax. His little blond was on his lap now, her lips on his while his hand was up her skirt, and Dom decided he was going downstairs. He really didn't want to watch them hump each other.

He stopped at the bar and bought a few more shots, downing them quickly, then turned his attention to the dance floor. His gaze scanned over the gyrating bodies. A mix of both humans and werewolves.

His own scent was hidden, and he smelled like a human. His scent was different, and if he unmasked it, questions would be raised. A panther shifter was unheard of. Especially in the werewolf community, though Dax knew the truth.

The packs he visited thought it odd that a human was a member of the Royal Pack, and only a select few knew of his true nature. Those in his pack knew, of course, and that was where he was most comfortable. Where he could be himself.

He looked over the crowd slowly, and his gaze settled on a woman. Long brown hair hung around her shoulders and she was wearing a silver dress. She turned and his breath caught. It was her. Deidre.

She was with another woman, and they were laughing as they danced together. Dominic watched her closely, enjoying the way she moved, her hips swaying back and forth, and her gorgeous legs on display in the silver stilettos. 

The music ended and she and her friend headed over to the bar. Dominic watched her go, and tried to push back temptation. What were the chances of him seeing her twice in one day? He was still interested in her too. She was even more beautiful tonight.

He finally walked over to the bar himself, deciding he wasn't drunk enough, and ordered two more shots. He was completely aware when her gaze settled on him.

"You."

He turned to her and smiled. "Hello, Deidre."

Her eyes flickered in surprise that he actually remembered her name.

"You know him?" her friend asked curiously.

"Remember how I told you I got that big tip today?" Deidre asked her. She was talking in a quiet voice, probably thinking he couldn't hear her.

"Yeah?"

"That's him," she said very softly.

"You don't tell me he was that hot. He's like a walking wet dream," her friend said, eyeing him.

Dominic stiffled his smile, pretending he hadn't overheard her description of him.

"Mmm, and I want to dance with him," Deidre said. She stood and walked over to him. "Are you following me?"

"Perhaps?" He gave her a smirk. "Care to dance?"

"I would," she agreed, taking his offered hand.

There were no tingles, which he found disappointing and he could feel Zampa 's disapproval. He ignored his cat and led her out to the dance floor.

Deidre knew how to dance, and wasn't afraid to press her body intimately against his. She was aroused, he knew, and he wanted her, right there in the middle of the dance floor. His cat disagreed.

But he still danced with her, enjoying touching her and he realized his half drunk mind was confusing her with his Dream Girl.

He held her close during a slow dance, his lips trailing over her neck, while she clung to him, her soft moans reaching his ears and turning him on even more then he already was. He was glad he'd worn jeans tonight.

He finally led her off the floor, knowing something was about to happen. He led her upstairs and looked around quickly, then found a small private empty area that was reserved for parties. He led her inside.

His lips were on hers immediately, kissing her, and diving into her open mouth, his hands pulling her close. If they were somewhere more private, he'd start taking her clothes off. He wanted to see her naked, but that couldn't happen. As disappointing as that was. And he knew he'd never get away with taking her to a hotel. Zampa wouldn't tolerate it.

She was clinging to him, her lips barely leaving his as he explored her mouth. He finally broke off the kiss and glanced around. There was a bar at one side, the surface smooth and empty of any dishes.

Dominic took her hand, and led her over to it. He turned to her. "Are you wearing panties?"

Her eyes widened and she nodded.

"Take them off. Now," he said.

She swallowed and did as he asked, slipping off the thong she'd been wearing.

Dominic picked her up and sat her on the end of the bar. "Lay back."

"Can I at least know your name?" she asked as she laid back.

He lifted her skirt, spread her legs and dove in, his mouth tasting her. She was incredibly wet for him and he held her hips still as he feasted in her, listening to her low moans. She was trying to remain quiet, with her hand over her mouth, but it was a struggle.

He could always tell when a woman was about to cum, and she was no different. It didn't take much, which meant she was probably inexperienced. Not that he cared, but he would have preferred a private setting, and more time where he could explore her body. He pushed a finger in her, noticing how tight she was and his cock hardened even more. His tongue laped at her clit and she buried her fist in her mouth as she came.

He smiled as she sat up on her arms, looking at him. "That was.."

"Mmm. You do taste good. But I have to go. It's been a pleasure," he said, as he turned away.

"Wait! Are you going to tell me your name or not?" she asked, sliding off the bar and grabbing his arm.

"Dom."

"Like.. BDSM?" Her eyes were wide now.

He just gave her a smirk.

"But don't you want something in return?"

"Nope. But I enjoyed you. And now I have to head back to my life. Good bye Deidre," he said softly, touching her arm. He turned then and walked out of the private area and back over to where Dax was.

"Ready?"

Dominic nodded. "Let's go."