Chapter 13

Mabel's P.O.V.

I felt really dizzy. I wanted to open my eyes, but I was really scared to. I was being carried. I tried to wiggled my toes and I noticed I couldn't feel my toes. My eyes snapped open and I looked down. "Oh shit!" I screamed. I saw Dipper was carrying me and he had a look of surprise on his face. I looked over and saw a shadowy figure next to us. Pacifica.

 "What...." I trailed off. I saw Dipper wasn't human either. He was part deer. I gasped as I realized I was a mermaid. We were all different. "What happened to us?" I asked softly. Dipper looked down at me sadly. "I don't know sis. I don't know." He whispered. I looked over at Pacifica and saw she was looking down. "Pacifica. You're a-" I started. "A ghost. I know. We all know what happened to me." She said sadly.

We continued on in silence, but I was confused on where we were going. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Pacifica thinks she saw a town." Dipper said. "You're a deer. You know that right?" I asked. "I'm not stupid Mabel." He said. "I know, but I was just-" He looked down at me with a cold glare. "I know Mabel." He said coldly. I flinched at his harsh tone and looked away.

 "Dipper." Pacifica said. "What?" He asked. "Do you not even notice." She said. I felt a little sick and I tugged on Dipper's shirt. "What?" He asked. "I don't feel very good." I mumbled. His expression became panicked as he looked around. "Here." Pacifica called.

 He ran over and I was wet. I saw I was in a river and I felt a little better. "Are you going to apologize?" Pacifica asked. "Why?" Dipper asked. "Do you not know what you just did!?" I shrieked. I slapped my hand over my mouth and watched as Dipper glared at me. "What was that?" He asked. I looked away and felt scared. "Don't touch her!" Pacifica yelled.

 "Would you guys shut the fuck up!" He yelled. I flinched at his words. "Why don't you shut the fuck up?" I asked quietly. He turned to me quickly. "What?" He asked. "I said: Why don't you shut the fuck up!?" I shouted. "I don't want to hear those words come out of your mouth again." He said. "Why not?" I asked. He turned away from me. "Why not you little shit!?" I yelled.

 He turned to me again. "Because I don't want you to turn into me!" He shouted. I sat there, frozen. "I don't want you to turn into me." Dipper repeated in a quieter voice. I looked away and thought for a minute. "I won't." I whispered. Dipper looked at me with a small glimmer of hope in his eyes and turned back to Pacifica.

They began to discuss something important, but I didn't care. All that mattered was that I was going to be the half of Dipper that he lost when he was only five.