Chapter 28

Max had flown to Bahrain for pre-race testing. Saffron had decided to stay back with Cedric and take a break from F1 drivers and drama. He understood but promised to be back as soon as he could. He got into his car and drove the track parking up where he could. He got out and wandered into the paddock heading towards the Redbull garage when an all too familiar face was grinning from ear to ear. Max sighed.

'Well well well' Carlos said grinning.

'Excuse me?' Max asked crossing his arms.

'Someone's been a very naughty boy' Carlos said wiggling his eyebrows.

'What's that supposed to mean?' Max asked.

'Someone's not as loyal as he thinks he is' Carlos said shaking his phone in front of Max's face.

'What is that?' He asked raising an eyebrow.

'You're little secret is front page news' Carlos said.

'What?' Max asked, desperation peeking through his voice.

'You're little cheating escapade' Carlos said scrolling through a couple of news articles.

Max snatched the phone out of his hand squeezing his eyes closed together.

'Let's hope the wife doesn't find out aye?' Carlos asked.

'She actually knows already' Max said frowning.

'Oh really?' Carlos asked.

'Yes. We discussed it. She knows nothing happened. I know nothing happened. The matter has been put to rest' Max said.

'Nothing happened?' Carlos asked.

Max shook his head.

'So it's almost like you woke up to a random girl in your bed?' Carlos asked.

Max stood there looking confused 'yes' he said slowly.

'How interesting' Carlos said.

'How do you know I just woke up and she was there?' Max asked.

Carlos smiled 'just a guess' he said shrugging his shoulders.

Max stared at him narrowing his eyes 'did you know something about her?' Max asked.

'Miranda is a very lovely girl isn't she?' Carlos asked.

'Who is Miranda?' Max asked.

'Just a friend' Carlos said shrugging.

'Is she blonde?' Max asked.

'Maybe' Carlos said smiling.

'Is this Miranda girl the girl who was in my bed by any chance?' Max asked balling his hands into fists. Knuckles growing whiter by the second.

Carlos shrugged.

Max stood closer to Carlos 'answer me' he said through gritted teeth. 

'Woah' Carlos said putting his hands up defensively 'Miranda just told me she had a lovely time with you' he said.

'You asked your friend to break into my house, undress, creep into my bed and "sleep" with me so my wife would think I'm cheating?' Max said not really believing the words that came out of his mouth.

'You said it not me' Carlos said shrugging.

'Are you fucking out of your mind?' Max shouted.

'I didn't say anything' Carlos said with a shit eating grin.

Without any warning Max threw a punch connecting his fist to Carlos's jaw. Carlos immediately grabbed his cheek and hunched over.

'What the fuck was that for?' He asked.

'Why are you trying to break up my marriage?' Max screamed.

Before Carlos could answer Charles and Lando came running over to seperate the pair. Words of anger and disbelief were exchanged before the pair were separated and led back to their respective garages.