Chapter 20

'Okay, he had just been fed, he should be up for a an hour or so and then he can get put down for a sleep. Make sure you have the baby monitor and try not to make any unnecessary noise' Saffron said re-applying her ruby red lipstick.

'Would you relax I think I can take care of my baby' Max said shaking his head as he cradled Ced in his arms.

Saffron rolled her eyes 'good luck' she said.

'I don't need luck' Max said smiling down at Ced.

'I meant good luck for Ced. Not you' she laughed tickling the little boy under his chin.

Max rolled his eyes shaking his head when the door bell rang. He went to answer it as Saffron quickly shoved some shoes on her feet and grabbed the rest of her things into a small bag.

'Hey Lewis' Max said opening the door smiling.

'Hey mate' he said 'and hello my little Ced' he said waving at the baby.

'You wanna hold him? He's just had a feed so he won't be grumpy' Max said smiling handing over the baby to Lewis who outstretched his arms.

'Where's Saf?' Lewis asked peering around the house.

'Just finishing getting ready. Shouldn't be too long' Max said pursing his lips clearing his throat.

Lewis paid more attention to the baby.

'Did you want a drink or anything?' Max asked.

Lewis shook his head 'in good' he smiled politely.

A few more minutes passed with more silence.

'So transitioning to Ferrari next year' Max said staring at Cedric.

'Yeah' Lewis nodded 'should be good. Mix it up a bit' he said shrugging.

'Yeah for sure. For sure' Max said nodding.

Just as silence filled the air again, Saffrons shoes came tapping down the hall. She was finally ready to go out for a night out on the town. She wore a little black dress that was completely backless. She paired it with some black strappy heels and a black clutch and silver jewellery.

'Sorry I'm late' she said fanning her face so she didn't sweat ruining her makeup.

Max's eyes grew wide looking her up and down 'is that what you want to wear? Did you want a coat?' Max asked nervous to let his wife out of the house.

She shook her head.

'You looking bangin' Lewis said smirking at Max 'ready to go?' He asked handing the baby back to Max.

She nodded and wandered over to Max planting a soft kiss on his lips. She then planted a gentle kiss on Cedric's cheek squeezing them together between her fingers.

'I'll see you guys later. Call me if you need me okay' Saffron said squeezing Max's arm.

Max nodded 'have a great time Saffy' he said with a nervous smile.

She smiled once more before waving and wandering out to the car with Lewis. Max wasn't sure what to do. He wanted his wife to have a nice time but also he didn't want to let her out like that. Not that he had a say in what she wore. After all she was her own person and she was entitled to wear whatever she wanted. She just looked so damn good and smelt so fine. He was jealous that he wasn't with her.

Meanwhile, Saffron was having a lovely start to the evening. Lewis bought her the most alcoholic beverage money could buy. She practically threw it back and ordered another. She decided to sip on this one. She didn't want to ruin her night too early.