Chapter 21

'What's your problem?' She said raising an eyebrow sipping on her drink.

'No problem here princessa' he said throwing his hands up defensively.

'You know you really need to quit calling me that' she said pointing into his chest.

He leaned back slightly laughing at her attempt to do something to him.

'Are you okay Saff you seem very intoxicated' Carlos said watching her steady herself on a near by table.

'I am fine' she said slamming the glass down on the table 'and why do you care so much. We aren't together anymore. You don't need to look out for me. You don't need to worry about me. You don't need to be concerned for me. You know who should? Me and my husband and and' she said trailing off losing her train of thought before firmly nodding going back to sipping on her drink.

'Saffron I can't help if I still care for you' he said looking at her with solemn eyes.

'Yes you can. We aren't together. I don't know how many times it needs to be said' she said stamping her foot.

'I can't help that I love you' he said growing annoyed.

'Yes you can!' She said before putting her hands up to her ears to cover them 'I can't hear you anymore la la la la' she said in his face.

'Stop being so silly' he said trying to pull her hands down.

'Woah woah woah' Lewis said removing Carlos's hands from Saffron 'what's going on here?' He asked.

'Nothing Lou Lou it's okay everything's fine' Saffron said slurring her last word.

'I think someone needs to take you home' Lewis said pushing the alcoholic beverage away from her.

'I would be more than happy to do it' Carlos said volunteering.

'Of course you would' Lewis frowned 'I think I will make sure she gets home safely' Lewis said leading her away.

As they wandered off Lewis sat Saffron down on a chair and instructed her not to move. She crossed her arms and pouted staring up at him. He laughed rolling his eyes before telling her to stay and wandering off to find the rest of the boys. But classic drunk Saffron did the opposite and ran. Where? We don't know but she did.

Lewis eventually ran into the rest of the boys and let them know he was going to leave with Saffron. He turned to Carlos and smiled. Carlos cleared his throat and then nudged his head in the direction of the empty seat that Saffron used to occupy. Lewis looked confused, raised an eyebrow and then turned around to see the empty chair and panic suddenly struck his face.

'You know you should never leave her alone when she's drunk' Carlos said innocently sipping on his drink.

'What?' Lewis asked panicking.

'You shouldn't leave her alone' he chuckled 'she's very good at sneaking off. I learnt that the hard way' he said.

'Well where did she go?' Lewis asked.

Carlos shrugged 'most likely she's either at the bar doing shots or on the dance floor. Or we have been having this conversation for too long and she's already done the shots and is on the dance floor. I'm not really sure which one. To be honest I'm leaning more towards the third option' Carlos said staring blankly at Lewis.

'What the fuck?' Lewis asked looking around.

'You take the bar I'll have a look on the dance floor' he said finishing the last of his drink before setting it down on a nearby table.

Lewis nodded and they split up in search of a very drunk Saffron. As predicted, saffron could not be found at the bar and was in fact on the dance floor dancing with Pierre and Charles. As soon as she saw Carlos she turned away and grabbed Pierre to shield herself. He laughed and followed on.

'Saff' Carlos shouted over the music 'time to go' he said pointing to his watch.

'No' she shouted before continuing to dance.

Carlos frowned and grabbed her wrist.

She yanked it back 'I said no' she said before carrying on.

'I think she's alright Carlos. Just a little longer dancing and she'll start sweating the alcohol out' Pierre said laughing.

'Yeah relax mate she's fine' Charles said as she grabbed his hands and spun him around.

Lewis eventually located everyone on the dance floor and joined in for a couple of dances before convincing Saffron she needed to go home. She eventually obliged and took Lewis's hand and he led her out of the club. Carlos followed behind making sure she didn't fall over. Lewis had his security guard grab his car and he stood towards the back of the club with Saffron draped over him.

'I think I can take her from here' Lewis said smiling at Carlos.

'You sure you don't need help?' He asked.

'Carlos. I can't imagine Max will want to see you with his wife who's also your ex girlfriend. We'll be fine' Lewis said grabbing his shoulder.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes. Please. Max would be pissed if you turned up. Especially after what he said to you last time we were all out. I'll let you know when she's home safe' he said squeezing his shoulder before his car rolled round.

He shoved Saffron in the back and climbed in waving good bye to Carlos. They wound up the window and drove away leaving Carlos by himself one more. Charles eventually also made it out of the club and joined Carlos on the curb.

'What's wrong mate?' Charles asked.

'Nothing' he said not making eye contact.

'Somethings eating you' he said wrapping an arm round the Spaniards shoulders.

'It's okay' he said shaking his head 'just the love of my life off to her house, husband and baby' he said shaking his head.

Charles rolled his eyes 'come on mate it's been what five or six years. You can't still be in love?' He asked.

'You better believe it' Carlos said kicking the ground.

'Oh dear' Charles said staring back at him.