~Chapter 23~

"N/N, I hate to say it, but I can't let you distract me any more

"N/N, I hate to say it, but I can't let you distract me any more." He imposed, with an apologetic look on his face.

"Well I just hate to break this news to you, but you're stuck with me until you get done with Takemichi." You respond with a mocking apologetic smile

"What are you talking about?" You hear Takemichi ask from the corner of the room.

"Well, my friend Kazutora is planning on taking you to Valhalla's base. And unfortunately I told your girlfriend that I would protect you, so I'm also going to Valhalla's base." You inform him through gritted teeth in the shape of a smile

"Y/N I can't let you do that. Don't make me stop you." Kazutora responded.

"A, I would love to see you try and stop me. And B, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure Baji misses me already, and Hanma seemed really interested in me, so I don't think you'll get in too much trouble." You explain with a smirk. "Oh, and Takemichi was already going to tell Mikey the location so there's no need to worry. I honestly don't see a downside for you." You smile more sincerely this time.

"Well, when you word it that way, how could I say no." He smiles at you.

"Y/N I can't let you go to Valhalla with me!" Takemichi shouts from the corner. "Mikey would kill me!" He starts to tear up.

"Oh my fucking god. You're really going to cry over this? The fuck are you going to do to stop me? And Mikey doesn't own me. He knows I'm going. He doesn't like it, but he knows, and he knows he can't stop me, so here we are." You reply back rolling your eyes.

"Seriously Y/N why is it always Mikey this and Mikey that when it comes to you? I'll never understand, you're so much better at literally everything than he is." Kazutora says in an almost flirting manner.

"That's exactly what Hanma wanted to know! Man, maybe I should go to Valhalla, they really do appreciate me over there." You joke, causing Kazutora to look hopeful and Takemichi look more worried than ever.

"I was fucking kidding. That's never going to happen. So both of you need to calm down." You warn the both of them, shutting down their ideas.

"Never say never N/N." Kazutora retorts.

"I've already told you once not to call me that." You warn, with a glare cold enough to freeze someone in their tracts. "And besides how could I leave Toman, they would crumble in less than a day if I left." You joke, but underneath you really mean it.

"Y/N, that's been true since the start of the gang, I don't think that will ever change." Kazutora says, with a kind of sadness beneath it.

"I know, but that's ok. Toman is my family, always. Old and new members, even if they leave, they'll still be family to me. Even if they don't know how to treat women." You add a small joke to the end to lighten the mood, but you want Kazutora to know that you still think of him as family, even if that's not what he wants. You still think of Baji as family too, but you don't think he'll be gone for long.

"Even the ones who hate the group more than anything else in this world?" You hear Kazutora ask with hatred and disdain, and slight hurt in his voice.

"Of course. Those are actually some of my favorites." You send a sad smile his way, hoping that he understands.

"Miss Y/N, are you two talking about Baji?" You hear Takemichi ask, interrupting whatever Kazutora was going to say. But that was probably for the best.

"Takemichi, if you ever, and I mean fucking ever, call me that again, I will personally tear out your voice box to enure that you will make that mistake again." You warn. You would rather Kazutora call you N/N.

"You know Y/N, it's when you talk like that, that I am enthralled with you even more." You hear Kazutora giggle.

"Oh shut the hell up. I wasn't talking to you, though I'm sure you wish I was." You joke back.

"You didn't answer my question Y/N." Takemichi pushes.

"Yeah Y/N, why don't you answer his question." Kazutora insists, knowing that you most assuredly did not mean Baji.

"Partially Takemichi. I kinda meant Baji, but I don't think he hates the group more than anything else. Even if he says he does." You say with a smile, as if talking to a toddler. "But there are those people out there, and I hope they know that they are still family, whether they want to be or not." You say with a sad smile, sending a look towards Kazutora, who looks away from you.

"But weren't we all going on a field trip?" You hear Kazutora ask in a joking tone, changing the conversation.

"Oh yeah. Yay!" You say sarcastically as Kazutora grabs your and Takemichi's hands.