~Chapter 18~

A little while after the festival incident, the Tokyo Manji gang decided to have another meeting

A little while after the festival incident, the Tokyo Manji gang decided to have another meeting. Mikey said something to you about welcoming a new third division captain to Toman, and you didn't like the sound of it. And based on the way he said it, Mikey didn't like the sound of it either. You also promised that you were going to be at the meeting, but you really felt like hiding out of sight again. You wanted to make sure that nothing happened between any of the members after Peh's little stunt. Not to mention the sneaking suspicion you had that ​​Takemichi was going to try and pull some stupid shit, which you would normally welcome; however, you promised Hinata that you wouldn't let her boyfriend get beat to a bloody pulp, unless it was you who did it of course.

Like usual, you got to the shrine about 30 minutes before anyone else showed up. It was easier to show up early, that way no one knew where you were while the meeting was going on. About 30 minutes you climbed you favorite spot to watch the festivities from, a tree slightly taller and thicker than the rest, the members of Toman started to trickle in, and oddly most of the captains arrived together, with the exception of Baji, which set the tone off for the whole night, and judging simply by how the captains walked up to the shrine, you could tell they thought it would be a long ass night as well. And right behind the captains, just as you suspected, ​​Takemichi was following like a little lost puppy that, somehow, thought it owned the pound.

"We're here to officially name the new captain of the third division." Draken yelled, over the silenced crowd.

"Oh great, here they go with the yelling again. I get that there are a lot of people, but none of them are fucking talking, why does he have to yell so damn loud?" You mumble to yourself as you look around at the crowd.

You scanned the crowd, looking for who you suspected to be the new third division caption, even though you thought it was dumb as fuck that Mikey would ever give him such a high ranking suspicion. And there he was, Tetta Kisaki, he was simply standing there while Draken and Mikey called him to the front. You guessed he just wanted to make a theatrical entrance. After you found Kisaki, your eyes landed on ​​Takemichi, who looked as confused as ever. He was looking around for the new captain as well, but he couldn't find him. You could even tell by the look on his face that he thought he could have been the new captain, which made you laugh so hard you almost fell from your lookout, fortunately, no one heard you.

And finally once Mikey called for him over the mumbling crowd, Kisaki eventually decided to step forward, with some brute by his side. Although based on the way he looked, it seemed like that was usually the case. Tetta Kisaki clearly wasn't a very strong fighter, strong enough to be in Toman, but not nearly close to that of a captain, it was clear that he was a strategist more than a fighter, which Toman did really need. But it still seemed like a bad idea to place him so high in the ranking, you could only pray that Mikey was following the idea of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

After what felt like for-fucking-ever of Kisaki walking towards the front of the group he finally sat down on a stair infront of Mikey. At this point you knew something was off. No one sits with their back turned to Mikey, not at the meetings anyway. More than what that said about the asshole Kisaki, it showed just how weary Mikey was of him. If Mikey wanted him to change position, he would have told him, but he didn't. This made you believe that Mikey was absolutely desperate to have Kisaki on his side rather than Valhalla's.

While Kisaki was making his way to the front, you could help but notice how ​​Takemichi looked at him. It was similar to the look in his eyes when he talked about Mobius showing up magically. Or the look on his face when Draken was stabbed. Whatever hope you had that Mikey had control over the situation suddenly vanished. If ​​Takemichi looked at Kisaki like that, it couldn't possibly mean anything good.

After listening to everyone's bitching and moaning and gasping at the fact that Kisaki sat with his back to Mikey, Kisaki's brute finally decided to speak up.

"Alright listen up you grunts, Toman's new captain of the third division is sitting here right behind me, Tetta Kisaki." Kisaki's bodyguard shouted over the mumbling crowd.

After Kisaki's name was formally announced, ​​Takemichi turned pale, almost as if he had seen a ghost. And then he just stood still for a minute, again almost lost in thought, like he remembered something from a past life after hearing Kisaki's name.

Then, it seemed like something took control of ​​Takemichi. You could tell all the way from where you were sitting that he was beginning to hyperventilate. And around the same time, the other members of Toman began to recognize Kisaki. And then the outrage began. From every direction you could hear the word "Mobius'' being thrown around. Half of the members were wondering what the hell someone from Mobius was doing at a Toman meeting, and the other half didn't give a flying fuck why he was there, they just wanted Kisaki to get the hell out of their meeting. And that's when the chant "Piss Off'' started to repeat throughout the crowd. That's when Draken decided to interfere.

"Shut up! That's Mikey's decision! Anyone who doesn't like it, step forward." Draken commanded over the chanting crowd. And then Mikey finally decided to speak.

"We've gotta be ready to take on Valhalla. This new Valhalla we're facing is so huge that Mobius is like nothing next to them. To beat them, Toman will need to grow too. Tetta Kisaki here did a good job of keeping our generation in check while he was with Mobius. We'll need him on our side to fight Valhalla. So Kisaki is now the new captain. Remember that. This appointment ceremony is over." Mikey announced, an attempt to convince the members that they should just let Kisaki join without any confrontation, but also a reminder that Mikey was the one who made the decisions for Toman, whether anyone else agreed with him or not.

You could tell this was a feeble attempt at convincing Toman. The crowd fell absolutely silent, ​​Takemichi was still frozen in place, and under his breath you could almost hear Draken wonder 'what the hell Mikey was thinking, and that he must be out of his mind.' And as Kisaki turned to walk away, that's when ​​Takemichi finally decided to be a dumbass. And that's when the night got exciting.