Chapter 13

A few minutes ago:

Jungkook turned around and left the playground but every step he took felt heavier than the first. The heady scent of the omega he encountered lingers in his mind. His wolf is restless too. It's not only him who's immensely affected. He gets inside his car and drives away. But he can't get the downcast eyes of the omega out of his mind. 'You fool! Why did you make him cry, we should protect him, not hurt him' his wolf howls in agony. Jungkook was shocked at his wolf's behavior. This is the first time his alpha acted protectively over an unknown omega. His eyes flashed red and an intense headache hit him, forcing him to park the car at the side of the road.

His wolf momentarily took over. The memories from his childhood that he had forgotten resurfaced. The omega at the playground is his Taetae. The one he promised to marry and mate when they come of age. He forcefully hit the steering wheel, enraged at himself for making the omega cry.

He immediately drives back to the playground. His heart swells with anticipation. He hopes his Taetae doesn't hate him for not recognizing him.

Now:

Taehyung felt like his heart was torn to pieces. His Kookie has forgotten him. What about the promise he made? Is that all a childish whim?

He stayed rooted on the ground, to the place where he and Kookie spent their happiest days. His eyes continued to well up. His heart shattered at the thought that his Kookie will never come back to him. He heard footsteps coming towards him and he was again hit by the cinnamon scent. He wiped his tears and looked up. He rubbed his eyes repeatedly to make sure that what's in front of him is real. That his Kookie is here, that he came back for him.

With hurried steps, Jungkook strode over to where Taehyung was sitting. He laced his hands with the omega's. Their hands fitting together like puzzle pieces. Jungkook gently caressed his face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to forget you. I didn't mean to make you cry. I love you so much, my Taetae," he said quietly, and Taehyung smiled at him with a hundred words behind his almond eyes.

Just as quickly as the omega's hands laced with his, he kissed him. Taehyung responded with such enthusiasm that Jungkook was taken aback at first, but regained his composure and reminded himself of what was happening; he was really kissing his omega, his Taetae was really kissing him, and the world around them was meaningless.

They paused as the need to breathe arise. But Jungkook didn't let him go. He nuzzled the omega's scent gland, taking in the enticing scent he has missed for so long.

After a few minutes of basking into each other's warmth, Jungkook guided them to a nearby bench and sat there, not letting go of the omega's hand.

He stared at Taehyung's face. His heart was beating loudly in his chest. His Taetae is the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes on. And no one can blame him if he leans and once again claims Taehyung's lips. He can't get enough of his luscious lips. He savors every corner of his enticing mouth, tasting the sweetness he never thought he needed. And Taehyung just lets him do what he wants. Their wolves feel their bond too as the reunion of their humans made them ecstatic.