Chapter 12

True to her words, Nari does visit the cafe where Taehyung works daily. It doesn't take long for the omega to get comfortable with the younger. Nari is sweet and funny, if he had a younger sister, he wants her to be like Nari. Maybe because the teenager reminds him of his Kookie, both have big, round orbs that hold a whole galaxy of sparkling stars. He can't help but feel sad again. He has missed Kookie everyday for the last sixteen years.

"Tae oppa, you're the most beautiful omega I laid my eyes on. Your soon-to-be mate will be very lucky. If I'm not too young, I would have courted you. But worry not, we can be in-laws." Nari had a wide grin on her lips. She was about to order but couldn't stop herself from gushing over Taehyung.

 She was about to order but couldn't stop herself from gushing over Taehyung

Taehyung pouted at her. "Nari-ah, we don't have to be in-laws to be friends, right? I already consider you as my yeodongsaeng." (younger sister)

"But I want you to be my brother-in-law. You and my oppa will look great together. You're gorgeous and my oppa is insanely handsome. A lot of omegas are dying to be with him, but my oppa is stuck with his so-called... uh nevermind. I will find a way so you two will meet. By the way, Tae oppa, why can't I smell you?"

"Oh, that's because I have a scent patch." Tae pointed at the transparent patch on his neck.

"Why do you use a scent patch? Don't you like your smell?" Nari inquired because usually omegas flaunt their scents to attract alphas. Most omegas are vain and wanted attention, so Taehyung hiding his scent is unusual.

"Uh no, it's not that. They said my scent is really sweet and attractive especially to alphas. I have been harassed a couple of times because of my scent, so my uncle got me scent patches from the hospital to mute my scent."

"Oh that sucks, those alphas need to be taught a lesson. Tell me if there are alphas that still harass you, I'm going to beat them up. Nobody messes with my future brother-in-law."

"Don't worry Nari-ah. I have a friend who always protect me and already beat them up to a pulp." Taehyung smiled as he thought of his Yoongi hyung who sent those despicable alphas to the hospital after beating them.

"But what do you smell like?" Nari curiously asked him.

"Hmm, here." Taehyung removed his scent patch and immediately the delicious scent of strawberry vanilla wafted through the cafe. The customers especially alphas quickly glanced at the counter. Taehyung hastily put back the scent patch.

"Wow! You really smell good. My oppa loves that scent. Do you know he has a collection of different perfume brands with strawberry vanilla scent? He's like addicted to your scent. I can't wait for you to meet him. You're a match made in heaven." Nari's face is beaming with excitement.

Just then, a male omega entered the cafe. Nari turned her head upon smelling the familiar scent of fresh apples. She hugged the male omega as Taehyung stared at them with a frown.