Chapter 23

We walked through a curtain of wisteria and into a little...Village?Whatever it was it was beautiful.It had tree houses and flowers to match—A florists heaven.

"Up there is the Cheif's house"Said summer,pointing at a big treehouse in the center of the village."Courthouse"She continued,now pointing at a different building but it was a hit on the ground."Aaaand this is where all of the survivors chill and have fun"She finally points at a bonfire and turns back to us."stay here while I go get the Cheif,He needs to decide if you can stay"She smiled sweetly,way nicer than the girl holding a bow to our heads not even ten minutes ago.We all nod and she skips away happy as Larry.

"She's weird"Jack whispered down into my ear and I chuckled,putting my hand over my mouth."Tommy?"A voice from beside of us echoes.Thomas looks to his side."JADE?"He asks,taking the girl into a tight hug.I couldn't help but notice the look of jealousy in Savannah's eyes.This look was quickly wiped away when Jade began to speak."So you guys must be Thomas' friends eh?Im Jade,His sister".Well I'm glad that cleared the air,if looks could kill Jade would be dead."Nice to meet you,I'm Savannah"she said,taking Jade's hand into her own and shaking it violently,looking over at me with a 'Jesus christ' look spread across her face.I giggled at this,there was only really one person I was dying to meet—Jasmine Hope.

"Yo my names Scottie,I'm-"he quickly stops speaking when I interrupt him."That's my brother...We're twins"I said shamefully standing next to him as if to show the resemblance."I never knew you had a brother"Nancy said after being quiet for quite some time.Scottie gasps dramatically "My OWN sister never told you guys about me?im hurt"He said sarcastically,clutching his chest and putting the back of his hand to his head like a damsel in distress."You wonder why"I chuckle.I had missed our sibling banter these past few months."How rude,I told my girlfriend all about you"he put his hands on his hip and sassily flipped his short hair."I find it hard to believe you have a girlfriend Prescott James Hendrickson"I teased him,using his full name."I find it hard to believe you have so many friends Jeremoneé Amanda Hendrickson"he teased me right back although,I definately had the cooler name.I rolled my eyes and began to speak again "go on then,who's your girlfriend?"I ask crossing my arms."Her name is Jazzie and she's so beautiful!"When he said this,my heart dropped.Jazzie?As in...Jasmine?

"Your girlfriend is Jasmine Hope?"I ask,my eyes widening."How'd you know?"he furrowed his eyebrows.I open my bag,pulling out her diary and putting it in his hands."I think she might want this"I say,my voice full of guilt as he took it into his old,reading over the top...even though there was no words.Suddenly,he blew on the cover and a white book cover was revealed.So that's why my hands end up black after touching that.The words 'Jazzie Hope's Thoughts and feelings'.It must me custom made? "why do you have this?"Scottie asked,holding the book between his fingers,looking up."Found it,warehouse.Just a little...that way"I say pointing to the way we came.he just nodded and put the diary into his bag.Funnily enough,I hadn't even noticed he was holding a bad if I'm honest.

"What's in your bag?"He asks,squinting at the pocket on the side.The pocket the vials we're in...