PART XXVII

Haris fell silently hearing Lilibet saying that. He didn't expect Lilibet will say such a thing that quite made him feel that, what happened inside her thoughts until she managed to say those words?

"Lilibet, you don't have to think much about what people say about you. Sometimes you need to hear your heart too... Because your heart will lead you to something that must be good for you and not destroy your hope or dreams" Haris replied but this one made her cry.

"You... You... Why do you love me, Haris? Can't you see that I'm paralyzed and now I just need to wait when God will take me back to Him? Don't you understand that I don't have my time left!"

"I love you as who you truly are, Lilibet. As yourself. Your kindness and your lovely way of showing your warm heart are the ones that catch my attention and how you're so kind to others... Not because I-"

"You lie! You must be pity and know that I'm sick and that's why you confess to make me feel better!"

"I'm not... I never knew that you had this kind of sickness until last night. I swear! Lilibet, what makes you think I pity you just for this kind of act? I truly love you wholeheartedly!"

Haris scooped Lilibet's hand and kissed it the way he kissed it before he left to prepare for prom. Haris still wearing his crown and Lilibet looked directly into his eyes and her tears stopped and changed to smile.

"I never fall in love with a girl the way I fall with you, Lilibet

"I never fall in love with a girl the way I fall with you, Lilibet... You light up my world. After I lost my mom not so long ago, I never felt that I was loved by someone. My father and I are not so close but we manage to get that kind of event together... you make me feel that I've someone to look after and loved after a long time ago" Haris said while looking at Lilibet in her eyes and making Lilibet blushing.

"You... You mean it?"

"Yes, Lilibet. I Will never betray or lie to you or my own heart" Haris replied.

"I love you Haris. I love you. Thank you for choosing me over many girls at Tuscho and making me feel so happy" Lilibet replied and brushed Haris's hair, "you look Handsome, Mermaid King"

Both laughing and giggling. Everything seems perfect and amazing as if they will never be separated by anything on earth. But as they said, nothing lasts forever. The machine that detected Lilibet's heart suddenly stopped and a loud "BEEEEPPPP" sound echoed through the room. Lilibet slowly closes her eyes and smiles at Haris.

"I... Love... You"

Then Lilibet's arm fell to Haris's shoulder, Haris couldn't hold back his tears and he screamed.

"DOCTOR!!! NURSE!!! HELP!!! DOCTOR!!! LILIBET!!! NOO!!! LILIBET!!!"

The ICU door swing opened and revealed Celia, Jonathan, and Leo running at him and hugging him while pulling him away from Lilibet.

"NO, I WON'T LEAVE HER!! NO!! LILIBET!! GET OFF ME!! LILIBET!! DOCTOR!!! DO SOMETHING!!! NO!! LILIBET!!!" Haris screamed while pushing Jonathan and Leo out of his way but didn't succeed.

The doctor comes with a nurse and they're looking panic, the Doctor wishes that Haris to leave Lilibet under their order but Haris keeps trying to hold Jonathan and Leo from taking him away.

"No! Let go of me! You jerk! Let me go!! No! Lilibet!! I can't... Please! No!! Lilibet!!"

"Haris, please! Let Doctor help Lilibet we can wait outside, please" Said Celia trying to calm Haris but Haris pushed her away Leo stood in front of him with serious looks.

"Haris, buddy... If you wish to see Lilibet again, please come with us outside and wait there... Please let the Doctor do his job and we can wait outside. The more you scream like this the more time they waste... You do love Lilibet, don't you? Then show your love by leaving them to professional!"

Haris didn't say a word but nodded and Jonathan also Celia helped Haris to walk outside the ICU room while Leo opened the door. Outside the room, how surprised Haris was to see Lilibet's parents and his father also Basil standing before him and looking worried.

This time Basil didn't punch him instead he hugged him tight and both of them cried out loud as if there was no hope left for Lilibet. Their parents crying as well and hugging each other while looking at Haris that already pale and sad.

Suddenly Haris vision became blurred and the next thing that he heard that,
"I'm sorry, we've tried all we can-"

Then Haris closed his eyes and let Darkness take him away from his vision.

The morning light burst from the stained glass window of Tuscho's Hall

The morning light burst from the stained glass window of Tuscho's Hall. The students already filled the room with their graduation robes and hats. The room is filled with cherish and joy also happiness. Smile carved across everyone's face as a sign that they're graduating their Senior High and soon will be Freshman Year at their new College.

Haris, Jonathan, and Leo sat by the front line and waited to be called by Haris's father and the Headmaster to receive their graduation letter from School.

"I can't believe that we're surviving Senior High! It's so awesome!" Leo said while looking at Jonathan and Haris beside him.

"You're right! I can't believe that after this you both will go out of the country for your College. I'm gonna miss you so much!" Haris replied.

"Oh look! It's our turn come on!"

They approached the stage and received their graduation letter and by the end of the ceremony, the students stood from their seats taking off their hats and smiling.

"TUSCHO'S SENIOR HIGH CLASS OF 2024!!"

"GRADUATION DAY!!!"

They throw their hats far above and they're clapping their hands joyfully, some even dancing around while the rest are hugging each other. Haris looking at the horizon with his friends smiling.