PART XXVI

At the Hospital, Haris looks at Lilibet inside the ICU room with many machines that help her to breathe and help her to stay stable. Lilibet seems to sleep so deeply as if nothing on earth can even wake her from her sleep. The sound that is heard from inside the room is only the heart detector and the ticking sound of the clock by the wall. The nurse who guards the room also seems sad when knowing the patient who went to the ICU room was still young and still wearing her gown from prom night. The room was so chill and silent, not everyone was allowed to enter but the doctor gave them access to enter and see Lilibet.

Outside the room, Haris, Celia, Jonathan, and Leo along with the tour leader are looking worried and sad. Haris didn't say anything since they arrived and saw Lilibet sleeping inside the room peacefully. Haris didn't say anything but his tears explained everything. His heart was destroyed by Lilibet's condition which dropped out of sudden and turned his world upside down. Nothing on earth could ever make Haris feel happy except Lilibet.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't do that... I shouldn't confess my love to her now she's paralyzed because of me" Haris said while resting his head towards the window of the ICU and looking at Lilibet.

"It's not, Haris. None of this is your fault. Lilibet was already sick far before she decided to join this trip and none of this also became our plan to see her like this" Celia replied while taking off her crown and holding Haris's shoulder.

"No! This is all my fault! I shouldn't let her stay outside and let her feel cold! I should know that she's freezing and now she's... She..." Haris can't finish his words and he begins to cry again.

Celia took a step away from him and let him calm himself while Jonathan and Leo watched him helplessly. No one can make him feel better and he still blamed himself for what happened. Jonathan looks around and tries to cheer him up, but there is not much that he can do, the same also goes with Leo who always succeeds in cheering him, but ends up only making Haris feel more lonely than ever.

"Let him be for a while. He needs to learn everything that happens and this is not an easy one. I felt the same when my dad was in the same condition as Lilibet. There's nothing that we can do except wait for Haris to feel okay and calm himself" Celia said to Jonathan and Leo then they nodded understanding.

In the middle of the silence, the ICU door swung open and Haris quickly approached the Doctor and looked at him pleading with his tears.

"You may see her, but one at a time and please don't be noisy," He said then left them while Haris hurriedly entered the ICU without hesitation and running.

Haris already wearing the ICU room clothes that look green like in the movie

Haris already wearing the ICU room clothes that look green like in the movie. He walked with his tears and slowly approached Lilibet who still didn't respond to him with anything she heard.

Haris sat beside her and held her hands and let his tears fall to her hands while he can't no longer hold her sadness and was afraid of losing her.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry Lilibet. I should know that you're not well and I should know that I shall never confess my love to you, now this happened to you truly crushed and destroyed me so much. I'm sorry... Please wake-up... Please say something Lilibet... Please" Haris said while holding Lilibet's hand but she didn't say anything to respond to Haris's words.

"She's in a deep sleep, she'll awake by morning... If you wish to stay and look after them then you may, but please don't cry it only makes her feel sad, she'll be okay" Said the nurse while approaching Haris and trying as best as she could to smile.

Haris just nodded and thanked her for her kindness. Outside the room, he sees Celia, Jonathan, and Leo waiting outside and seems very sad because he can't put his attention on Lilibet only. Haris felt hungry since he hadn't eaten anything since the ice cream on the Beach, but all of his hunger was gone when he saw Lilibet sleep.

Time ticking, minutes change to hours, and the night shift to morning. Without warning, the morning approached and Haris had fallen asleep beside Lilibet while holding her hand. Before he slept, he looked at Lilibet and brushed her hair that covered her face gently and tried to smile.

"If only God can allow me to exchange positions with you then I would love to do that for you, Lilibet"

Haris was still asleep and holding Lilibet's hand while Lilibet that just awake quite surprised to know that Haris was with her the whole night

Haris was still asleep and holding Lilibet's hand while Lilibet that just awake quite surprised to know that Haris was with her the whole night. Lilibet brushed Haris' head and smiled at him. At first, Haris didn't realize that Lilibet was already awake but once he got his consciousness, he opened his eyes and saw Lilibet smiling at him.

"Lilibet? Are you... Are you okay?"

"Thank you for looking after me all night, Haris. The nurse said that you decided to look after me all night and didn't let go of my hand... I'm fine how about you? Gosh, you must be hungry! Have you eaten anything?"

Haris shook his head and smiled at her.

"I'm happy to see you awake, but why you didn't tell me that you have a serious illness? Why?"

Lilibet falls silent and her smile perishes in a second. She looked at Haris who seemed pale but she managed to smile.

"I don't know... I think I am just ashamed of my own"

"What??"

"No one will accept me if they know I have this kind of illness Haris! Don't you understand that?"

Haris fell silent upon hearing that.