10: Practice

*2 WEEKS LATER*

Wow...

It's finally August...

Just one more month to my birthday...

Stretching my body, I stay seated on my bed and sigh. Relief washed over my body when I realized that I had no school today. Apparently, the principal declared that we, the whole school, should stay at home for four days to rest and in preparation for the music competition. Details were given and we are to compete with two of the best schools here in America.

Usually, it was only for the members of the music club but this year, our principal has allowed each student with a presentation to perform. We would sing, dance, rap, recite poems and just showcase any talent related to music.

My partner and I, decided that we would perform Dynamite by BTS. Turns out, he's actually a diehard fan of the famous boy band and would do anything to meet them. He even saved up some money to attend one of their concerts in the future. I guess we have something in common.

So we are doing a duet...

I'm so excited...

One thing I forgot to mention is that the competition is two days after we return to school.

Walking down the stairs my eyes widen when I see Lamar dressed up in a black bro tank and grey sweatpants. He was sitting on the couch, peacefully conversing with Shawn. It's as if they've known each other for quite some time with the way they're talking. No awkwardness.

When I reached the bottom of the staircase, they turned to look at me.

"Good morning little one," my brother happily greeted as he walked to where I was and placed a kiss on the top of my head. I looked up at him and smiled, feeling extremely joyous.

"Good morning, annoying one," I answered teasingly. I watched as he scrunched his nose in annoyance and walked away with a huff. I giggled.

"Hey Elle," Lamar softly greeted and walked towards me. I greeted back and pulled him into a tight hug. He got shocked and stood still for a minute before placing his hands on my back and hugging me back.

I have no idea what's wrong with me today but who cares?

I'm just happy...

He let go of me and patted my head.

"Still in your pajamas?" he asked in a deep and husky voice. I looked at myself for a moment before my cheeks felt warm.

"Uh...I-I...uh"

"Well, you eat breakfast but after half an hour, you should be done. We need to practice," he said with a stern voice.