14: The Painful Truth Pt. 2

"T-The b-baby...is...you."

My eyes widened as I clutched my heart that tightened.

What?

I laughed nervously. He looked serious when telling me so I shifted. I stood up from the bed and faced him. He looked at me with a sad look. I tried not to break in front of him. He looked pained and I had promised that I wouldn't leave him but what choice did I have? I dashed out of the room, feeling like a complete idiot.

For an unknown reason, I felt anger building up within me. I was angry because they hadn't told me. I was angry because they made me look like a fool, I didn't know. I didn't know that they were fakes. I thought that Shawn was my real brother, all this time I spent with him, the way he cared for me, it was all fake. I huffed once I saw Shawn coming my way and ran out the door.

When I reached outside, I felt cold drops on my skin. I shivered in the cold but I ran and ran. All I needed right now was some fresh air and I needed to be far away from those liars. The rain wasn't helping at all. It was increasing and I neither had an umbrella nor warm clothes on. There was only one place in mind as I ran.

Twenty minutes later, I stood in front of my best friend's house and knocked really hard on the door. Soon, the door was opened revealing Raymond who was just as surprised as I was to see me. He scanned me and immediately, worry filled his eyes. He let me in without hesitation.

I saw Jake sitting on the couch playing video games but he stopped when he saw me drenched in water. He threw the headphones on the couch and walked to me. He pulled me into a hug, not caring if I made him wet or not. I snuggled closer to him and began crying.

Why can't all people just be genuine like Jake and Raymond?

Soon, Raymond joined in and squeezed the both of us. I laughed even as tears rolled down my cheeks. When we pulled away, they both looked at me and I noticed how worried they looked, they probably took notice of my puffy red eyes.

My eyes widened when I felt Jake grab my hand and ran up the stairs with me. He brought me into his room and began rummaging through his clothes in his wardrobe.

"These may be big for you but they were the smallest I could find. Bathroom is there. Take a warm shower and change into those then come down when you're done," he quickly explained and placed a black hoodie with matching sweatpants on the bed.

He walked over to me, kissed my head and began walking away. "Take your time, Elle. Raymond and I will be waiting for you downstairs." I nodded and turned to look at the clothes.

Okay...this shouldn't be hard...

Once I was done bathing, I wrapped my naked body with one of the extra towels in the laundry basket. Just as I was about to leave, a pair of female underwear caught my eye. It was placed just near the laundry basket with towels. I walked closer and eyed it, wondering whose it was for. Not caring, I picked it up and went to the bedroom, locked the door and began changing.