Chapter 38 - Precious Memories

Depuis le début

"Yeah, don't mind if I do."

I sat down across from them, and that's when I noticed Rimi's phone in her hand.

"Are those photos?" I asked.

"Yeah! Just recently, the girls and I went to my hometown in Osaka." Rimi said. "Right now, I am showing them to Himari-chan."

"Oh really? That's interesting."

"O-Tae-chan was kind enough to capture this picture of me, Saaya-chan and Kasumi-chan, if you want to check it out."

Rimi looked for the picture on her phone, and when she found it, she handed it to me. I looked at it with curiosity.

I smiled as I stared at the picture for a few more seconds before handing it back to her

"It sounded like you and the others had fun in Osaka." I said.

"Yeah, we did." Rimi grinned.

I focused my attention on Himari.

"What about you, Himari?" I asked. "Do you have any recent summer memories that are worth sharing?"

"Summer memories? Umm..."

Himari paused for a moment. She thought about it, but she ends up sighing instead.

"No, not really." She said.

"Himari-chan, are you okay?" Rimi asked.

"If something is wrong, you can always talk to us about it." I added.

"Thanks, but don't worry, I'll be okay."

She's definitely hiding something. I just know it.
_____________________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Shopping Mall

Here at the shopping mall, I went to the bookstore to see if I can find a book on the Darkness Pendant. Unfortunately, though, luck was not on my side because I couldn't find anything related to it. So, I ended up leaving the bookstore instead.