156: Welcome to The Hawks Agency

“Here we are: Kyushu!! What do you think??” Hawks asks you as you exit the airport.

“It's busy here for sure.” You say. He leads you to another car through a crowd of people.

“You're the girl from UA who almost got kidnapped!” A few people shout. “Is she working with you now, Hawks?”

“Yep!! She's my new trainee!” He smiles. “Go easy on her, she's had a rough summer, and she's not used to the crowds yet, okay?” The crowd melts at his grin and immediately backs up upon his request. “Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it!”

“T-Thank you...!” You manage to mumble out with a small wave. 

Hawks directs you to the waiting car, and the two of you hop in again. “I don't normally travel by car in the city, but I figure it's easier with your bags.” He says. “My agency isn't too far from here.”

He's right, and it isn't long before the car pulls up in front of a tall building. You and Hawks thank the driver before heading inside. Several people notice Hawks and wave excitedly as you exit the car, and he happily waves back.

“You really are popular, huh?” You say as the doors close behind you. “It must be exhausting.”

“It can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but I love my fans. I wouldn't be where I am today without them.” He leads you over to an elevator and waves at some of his sidekicks. “I'll take you up to the room you'll be staying in first. It's next door to Tsukuyomi’s. Well, the room he used when he was here. I plan on snagging him back again once the rest of the first years get approved, too, so you'll be neighbors when that happens.”

The elevator dings, and the two of you step inside. “Does anyone else here know about why I was approved early?” You ask.

Hawks shakes his head as he presses a floor button. “Just me here. The only people who know are the higher ups at the Commission, your teacher, your principal, and All Might. It's our little secret.” He grins and holds his index finger to his lips. The elevator stops, and he leads you down the hall. He tosses you a key card that he snagged from the front desk with a feather when you weren't looking, and leads you to a door. “This one is yours. You've got your own bedroom and an ensuite bathroom. Unpack and get changed into some workout clothes. Meet me back in the lobby in about half an hour, okay?”

“Okay, thank you.” You nod. Hawks gives you a little wave, and he steps back into the elevator. You swipe the key card, and check out your room. It's nicer than the one you had at Firetamer's. There's a double bed, a TV, and a mini fridge among the other furniture. Off to the side is a four piece bathroom, and you quickly unpack your items. Deciding to peek into the mini fridge, you find it stocked up with an expensive brand of bottled water with a note saying to drink as much as you need. You happily grab a bottle and down it before taking another to bring with you.

It's almost time to meet Hawks by the time you change, so you head down to the lobby. He's not there yet, so you sit awkwardly on one of the couches and sip on your water. A few sidekicks smile and wave at you, but otherwise do their own things. Finally, the elevator dings, and Hawks steps out. “Punctual! I like it!” He smiles at you. “We're going to go up to my gym to train a bit, okay?” He beckons you over to him, and you join him in the elevator. He's wearing a black compression top with leggings and shorts on. “First off, I want to get a sense of your fighting style and see how you use your quirk. I know your hands and feet are still pretty messed up, so no using them while you're here with me. I don't have a Recovery Girl here, so if you tear them, they'll have to wait until you're back at school to be healed. Got it?”

You nod as the elevator ascends. “I accidentally generated water from my hand during my exam yesterday and tore the skin open. I don't want to do that again.”

“I saw your score sheet! I actually got to watch a video of your exam, too. You did great! Looks like I was right when I said you'd be popular before going pro.” Hawks laughs.

“What do you mean?”

“The boys were all over you!” He chuckles. “You'll have a fanclub going by the end of your work study with me for sure!” Hawks pats you on the top of your head. “We'll have to get an official account set up for you.”

Your face goes red in embarrassment as you remember your interactions with Shindo. “Oh, I don't know about that...!!”

Hawks is amused by your reaction, but he doesn't press it any further as the elevator doors ping open. “We're here! This entire floor is a gym. We've got a bunch of different training options. Let's go for a run on the treadmills first to warm up.” He leads you over to a row of treadmills, and the two of you warm up. As you run, he explains his training plan for you.

After warming up, the two of you spar and Hawks gives you pointers on how to react better and be quicker. He teaches you the best weak points to hit to down a target quickly, and how to defend them. It's difficult to fight while listening to him, but he stresses the importance of being able to focus on and do multiple things at once. He even has you break out your Serpent's Bite to keep active on top of everything else.

A couple of hours pass, and Hawks ends your training. “Now, I'm starving!! Good work!” He grabs a towel and wipes the sweat from his face. “You've got crazy potential, Penguin. Keep up the good work!”

“Thank you, sir!” You chug your fourth bottle of water. Turns out, Hawks has a fridge full of various drinks in his gym.

“What do you like to eat? I'm thinking barbeque chicken! Is that good with you? There's a great place nearby.”

“You really like chicken, huh?” You laugh. “That sounds good to me.”

“Great! Go shower and get changed into some casual clothes and we'll go grab some. You remember what floor your room is on, right?”

“Yep! Are we meeting back in the lobby?”

“Nah, meet me on the roof.” He waves. “Since you don't have your bags this time I'll just fly us there.”

“Okay!”