Chapter 8: A Look into Foundational Heroics

The day goes by, and after painfully normal classes in the morning and joking with Shinsou all through lunch, it's finally time for your afternoon class, Foundational Heroics Studies.

You sit impatiently in your seat playing with your pen as you wait for class to begin. Just as you turn to speak with Kirishima, the door bursts open.

"I have...! Come through the door like a normal person!!!" You jump at All Might's sudden appearance and drop your pen.

"Wow...! I can't believe All Might is actually our teacher!!" Mina exclaims. As you reach for your pen, Kirishima picks it up and smiles as he hands it to you. You smile and fail to notice his face go pink as you brush his hand while taking it from him.

"Foundational heroics studies! This is the class that will help mold you into wonderful young heroes through all kinds of training! You'll also get tons of credit for it! Now, there's no time to waste! Today's task is... Battle training!! And for that you'll need..." All Might clicks a button on a little remote and shelves with numbered cases begin to slide out. "...These!"

"Yes!! Costumes!!" Kirishima cheers.

The room fills with excitement and you can't help but worry about how yours will look compared to everyone else's.

"Once you've all changed, meet me at Ground Beta!"

"Okay!!"

With that, everyone crowds the shelves to grab their costumes and run to the change rooms.

A few minutes later...

Here's a quick drawing and explanation I did for the costume

Here's a quick drawing and explanation I did for the costume. I didn't make it very detailed or spend much time on it bc I didn't want to waste time plus my tablet broke so I had to use my phone and finger. The helmet and the red are meant to pay tribute to Water Horse.

"Wow, Y/n! Cool costume!" Kaminari gives you a thumbs up and you smile back.

"Thanks! Yours is pretty cool, too!"

"Alright, I think that's everyone then! I'm liking everyone's style! Let's see what you kids are made of!"

"Sir, as we are using the same grounds as the entrance exam, is this going to be similar?" Iida asks.

"Not at all! This will be an indoor battle trial! Villain cleanup is usually seen out in the open, but statistically, the more common is an indoor job. The majority of villainous acts are committed indoors. Imprisonment... House arrest... The Black Market... In this hero filled society, why any villain with even a little intelligence is working in the shadows!! For this test, you'll separate into 'villain' and 'hero' groups for a two on two team battle!! This time, there won't be any robots it'd be okay to just destroy!" All Might explains.

"But sir, there's 21 students. How will the remaining student be organized?" Iida interrupts.

"They can join a group after-"