Chapter 6: A Quick Quirk Comprehension Test

"Our freedom means we can dispense students as we please! Welcome, to the department of heroics!"

"Wait what?! The kid who gets last place gets expelled?! But it's our first day!" Someone yells.

"Natural disasters... Accidents... Villains... All kinds of horrors can happen when we least expect them. The world is unfair. It's our job as heroes to restore peace. If you were planning on a friendly hangout at the local McDonald's after school, you're delusional. For the next three years, all you can expect from your life at Yuuei is one hardship after another. This is 'Plus Ultra.' Now, this is just a trial. I expect you to learn from these, and use them to push yourself to climb to the top. Time to step up to the plate."

With that, everyone prepares for the trials. First up is the 50 meter dash. You're up against Bakugou who immediately blasts forward with his hands. Using your ice and water, you cover your path with ice and blast yourself forward across the finish line. Bakugou gets 4:13 seconds while you get 4:11.

Next up is the grip strength test. You can't exactly use your quirk for this so you get a mark of only 45 kg (For reference Midoriya goes from 40 in middle school to 56). One guy gets 540 kg. Better remember to never armwrestle him...!

After that is the standing long jump followed by the sustained sidejumps. For long jump, you shoot yourself off of the ground with ice and land close to Bakugou again. You can't really use your quirk for the side jumps, so you do mediocre. Man, I can only use my quirk for a few of these...

Up next is the softball throw, huh... Maybe if I change the temperature really fast I can create an explosion or burst or something... Hmm... don't want to burn my hand though... I don't have the heat resistant gloves Tiger gave me... Gotta think... what can I use... Wait! The girl with the ponytail! She can make things right?

While the cute brown haired girl steps up you make your way over to her. "Hey, I'm Y/n. You can make whatever you want right?"

"I'm Yaoyorozu, and there's more to it but basically. Why?"

"I know we literally just met, but would you be able to do me a favour? I forgot my heat resistant gloves today, and I was wondering if you'd be able to make me a pair... I can pay you back or something after...!" She looks a little troubled.

"Hmm... I'm not sure if I should... I don't like accepting money from people, and I don't know if it counts as cheating or not..."

"Woah!! Infinity?!" Someone yells. What the hell?! How'd that girl get infinity?!

"It's cool if you're not comfortable with it! I can think of something else!" You smile at her.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry about it! Oh! I know! I can use a high pressure blast of water...! Or maybe change the temperature after if leaves my hand? No that won't work... I could create a shield of ice! No..." As you mumble to yourself, you glance up.

The other kid who apparently blasted away the zero pointer takes his place in the circle. "Midoriya's not doing so well, is he?" Glasses boy states.

"Of course not!!! He's a quirkless fucking guppy!" You look over at Bakugou and Iida. Quirkless...? Didn't he blast the robot away though??

"He has a quirk! Didn't you hear about what he did during the entrance exam?!" The glasses kid sounds extremely offended and you can't help but chuckle at Bakugou's reaction. As Midoriya throws the ball, his arm lights up in an odd way, but the light goes out before the ball leaves his hand.

"46 meters." What?? That can't be right! Is he really the same guy, or just some pathetic twin of the guy who beat the robot???

He seems shocked and starts to mumble. Aizawa says something to him that shocks Midoriya. He let's out a shocked gasp as he realizes who the teacher really is. "Those goggles...! The erasing hero- Eraserhead!"